Citrojim's Activa, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by DickieG » 22 Apr 2012, 09:09

XM = styling by origami, hmm nice
0 x
14 BMW 535D Tourer
11 BMW F25 X3 3.0D Sport
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 22 Apr 2012, 09:19

DickieG wrote:XM = styling by origami, hmm nice

At least it's styled by a human being with feeling and passion and not by some cold, clinical machine.

Today's cars have no intrinsic character - they're just machines. Efficient but dull and lifeless.
0 x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG » 22 Apr 2012, 09:36

CitroJim wrote:
DickieG wrote:XM = styling by origami, hmm nice

At least it's styled by a human being with feeling and passion and not by some cold, clinical machine.

Not so sure about that Jim, computers draw straight lines, modern cars are styled by using lifesize clay models with curves, I like curves :lol:

How many car designers prior to the late 70's early 80's used origami as their method of styling? The XM and BX look very dated to me and not ion a nice way, the XM it's just a variation/rip off of that other beauty, the BL Princess.

CitroJim wrote:Today's cars have no intrinsic character - they're just machines. Efficient but dull and lifeless.

You mean they are quiet, work as intended and don't need you to get your spanners out every weekend?
0 x
14 BMW 535D Tourer
11 BMW F25 X3 3.0D Sport
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 22 Apr 2012, 10:17

DickieG wrote:that other beauty, the BL Princess.

I think the Princess still looks bloody good against modern stuff. Best car BMC ever made, possibly...

DickieG wrote:You mean they are quiet, work as intended and don't need you to get your spanners out every weekend?

And what fun is there in that? I'd be bored in an instant with something like that :twisted:
0 x
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 22 Apr 2012, 10:22

CitroJim wrote:...Best car BMC ever made, possibly...

That'd be a rally spec Landcrab? :twisted:
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 23 Apr 2012, 06:32

Had an absolutely fantastic trip to Aberystwyth yesterday, taking Robyn back to Uni.

We went in Rattiva, absolutely great and did 58mpg :-D :-D :-D :-D Rattiva turned over 204,000 miles not far from Machynlleth :-D

Weather in Aberystwyth was great, sunny and warm. Much better than in England! We spent a while walking along the beach...

Perfect :mrgreen:
0 x
Jim

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 23 Apr 2012, 09:58

Sounds like a very enjoyable day Jim. You can't complain with that mpg can you, excellent :-D
0 x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 29 Apr 2012, 12:52

Citroenmad wrote: You can't complain with that mpg can you, excellent :-D

And it's still reading full even after a week of running around... You just can't help loving an HDi...

My last rip to Wales has convinced me I want to live there and when I can retire that's where I plan to head. The worst part of going to Wales is coming back into England...

I'm very jealous of Robyn, her new student digs are right on on the seafront in Aberystwyth, right at the end of the promenade near the funicular railway and Constitution hill and easily in staggering distance of her favourite nightspot, Pier Pressure.

I've even decided where I would plan to move to. Machynlleth is a small town on the edge of Powys about 15 miles up from Aberystwyth and right on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park.

I'll have to learn the language though. Even if only to be able to pronounce Machynlleth properly...

Roll on retirement...

Today is the first time in a couple of weeks I've had any time to rest up and spend any quality time on here. I've been very busy at work including weeked working and hopefully that's all now finished and life can return to normal, or at least what passes fro normal around here...

No car news at all :(

In other news, I had a lottery win yesterday :-D Only a tenner though...
0 x
Jim

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 29 Apr 2012, 13:07

Nope, I love HDis :lol: Excellent engines which really shove the older XUDs into the past!

I can see the appeal of Wales Jim, a very nice place which I would like to visit again after my short trip there last year. Im thinking a weeks break there in the summer would be nice, we will see :)

I plan to move to Scotland at some point in my life, Im not one for busy urban places and Teesside is not at all appealing, I'll be happy when Ive moved out of here, even if its not all that far away.

Thats what you want when your busy, no car news!
0 x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 29 Apr 2012, 13:17

Citroenmad wrote:I can see the appeal of Wales Jim, a very nice place which I would like to visit again after my short trip there last year. Im thinking a weeks break there in the summer would be nice, we will see :)

Absolutely, far from the madding crowd. I hate being in a busy crowded place. I love people and being around them but not too many at the same time if you know what I mean... That bit of Wales is perfect in that respect. It's also very green. Concrete is not very much in evidence but slate very much is!!! I'm just a country boy at heart and need my seaside and greenery all around me, not concrete.

And, it's great Activa country which is one reason I want to get some new tyres on her. I really want to take the Activa there next time.

I'm still hoping for a week there later in the summer, that's if I can get the time off from work. This recent bout of overtime working has netted me five days off in lieu but heaven knows when I will be able to take them.

Never properly been to Scotland. Only a quick trip to Gretna. I really must one of these days...
0 x
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 29 Apr 2012, 13:48

Can tell you grew up on an island - mentioning "country" and "seaside" in one sentence and not seeing the two as existing well separated!
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim » 29 Apr 2012, 13:56

addo wrote:Can tell you grew up on an island - mentioning "country" and "seaside" in one sentence and not seeing the two as existing well separated!

We do here Adam :twisted: Where I live the seaside is three hours away in any direction. As far from the sea as you can get in the UK :( :( :(

To us Poms hereabouts it's functionally inaccessible but I take your point... :)
0 x
Jim

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers » 29 Apr 2012, 14:13

Our "seaside" isn't that great, mostly stone covered shores, and where there is sand the sea is so cold it's pointless going there.
Now, if we could drag the UK down to the Red Sea...
0 x
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 29 Apr 2012, 14:21

Have clear memories of Skegness, Lyme Regis and Dover. All a bit " :? " for me.

Jim, I could ask my neighbours to fix you up with a good rate for a week in their holiday cabin. It's 100m from proper beach in northern NSW.
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 29 Apr 2012, 14:30

Xac wrote:Our "seaside" isn't that great, mostly stone covered shores, and where there is sand the sea is so cold it's pointless going there.

Rubbish :twisted: You don't go to a British beach for the warmth or sand. You go for the bracing salt-laden clean, fresh air and the sound of seagulls.

And to dig worms and go fishing for the freshest fish you'll ever eat... In my case, already nicely irradiated by the nearby Hinckley Point nuclear power station. Those three eyes taste a treat...

I spent lots of my formative years beside the sea. I miss it terribly, even in winter...

addo wrote:Jim, I could ask my neighbours to fix you up with a good rate for a week in their holiday cabin. It's 100m from proper beach in northern NSW.

Love to Adam, just one problem. How do I get there not using an aircraft? I don't fly. Not ever, not for any reason... OK I know I could sail but that's still a fair chunk of time...
0 x
Jim