Citrojim's Activa, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by Deanxm » 09 Jan 2012, 22:05

What! you let her take the V6? god i would be chewing my finger nails down to the knuckle too Jim!

D
0x
XM Prestige 92, surgery has begun, RIP faithfull 2.0i
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers » 09 Jan 2012, 23:11

CitroJim wrote:I've wondered for years why there always seemed to be far too much First Class and never enough Standard forstly on the old BR InterCity and now on Virgin. I guess all the other TOCs are the same... And why has Arrive Trains Wales have no First Class at all? Taffys not good enough for it?

I don't understand why when First is near empty and Standard is chokkers they don't upgrade certain souls and allow them to sit in First, albeit without the freebie coffee, snacks and Wi-Fi perhaps?

All the TOCs need to rethink this or maybe there is a reason. Steve (Trainman)?

Oh, and should have said. It was lovely to ride in Paul's Xantia after the journey in a 206 - heavenly :)

If the train out of Euston is particularly crowded and they are feeling generous they sometimes allow standard passengers to use 1st class until MK, however they quite often only mention this just before the train departs meaning really the only carriage that benefits is the first one after 1st class because the rest are too packed to make your way through.
0x
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 21 Jan 2012, 19:44

Took the V6 and the Activa out for a spin during the week. It was a lovely experience driving both after such a long while away from them...

Roll on summer when I can start using the Activa a bit more. It does not go out in salt and the V6 is now only used for the 'Somerset runs'...

It is a pleasure to drive them though :-D :-D

The ride out in the Activa was unintended. I had a dental appointment on Thursday afternoon. I rolled up at the appointed time and the receptionist said

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for my check-up.."

"Ah, but you called us earlier today and cancelled it. You even made a new appointment for next week!"

"Did I?"

"Yes, you cited work commitments as the reason."

"What time was this?"

"about 10."

"I didn't. At that time I was too busy committed to my work to call you or anyone else.."

"Yes you did.."

"No, honestly I didn't..."

"Well who did then?"

And so it went for several more rounds where the appointment system was examined for similar names (none) and other cocked-up appointments (none so she says). It was going a bit like a Two Ronnies sketch :)

Somehow the dentist's appointment system got its knickers in a twist and that was that. I was at a loose end. Knowing the owner of the Corsa that normally blocks my Activa in was at work and as consolation for not having a dentist gaze lovingly into my mouth that day I took the Activa for a spin instead...

It drives just like Cris570's :-D Only with about a third of the urge though :(

And no weepy rear ram this winter. How odd...
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

Chris570

Post by Chris570 » 21 Jan 2012, 20:18

CitroJim wrote: I took the Activa for a spin instead...

I can fix that for you
0x
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy

A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm » 21 Jan 2012, 20:49

Chris570 wrote:
CitroJim wrote: I took the Activa for a spin instead...

I can fix that for you

You really should, mine was running 11 psi when you took it out Jim, you dont even have to run extra boost just get rid of that bloody ecu controller!
Im sure between you and Chris a nice hidden setup can be put into action with no pipe cutting so it can go straight back to stock if you wish later on and you will never know it was ever tweeked......................
Yours is the best Activa about Jim and with a little more urgency it will be absolutly perfect 8-)

D
0x

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 21 Jan 2012, 21:53

It's no good Dean, I've got to do it :) You and Chris between you have spoilt me now for a standard Activa... :twisted: :lol:

I reckon I can leave the old boost controller piped up and looking as if it's all untouched and still install a manual controller... Plumbing in a hidden recirc valve may be a bit trickier though :roll:

I don't quite want the urge your has Chris as frankly that was a bit too much for me but a bit more pep would be just lovely....
0x
Jim

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm » 21 Jan 2012, 22:07

I used a recirc out of a Saab ecotec 2.0t, took me a while to find the right re-circ as some where too big or had the wrong port layout but this one is perfect and silent!, all the ports are there on the Activa to pipe it up and it fits perfectly, ive got some rad hose connecting it as the hoses only need to be about an inch and a half long and it looks totaly stock, there is a lot of compressor stall type noises without it if you do full bore gear changes, Gareth said it wouldnt cause any harm from memory but the re-circ just made the engine sound much happier.

D
0x

Chris570

Post by Chris570 » 21 Jan 2012, 22:49

CitroJim wrote:It's no good Dean, I've got to do it :) You and Chris between you have spoilt me now for a standard Activa... :twisted: :lol:

I reckon I can leave the old boost controller piped up and looking as if it's all untouched and still install a manual controller... Plumbing in a hidden recirc valve may be a bit trickier though :roll:

I don't quite want the urge your has Chris as frankly that was a bit too much for me but a bit more pep would be just lovely....

Girl

I'll sort you out with what you require :)

Remember you can always turn the boost down should you require it. Be aware though that turning the boost down too far will result in flowery decals being affixed to the car as well as a copy of Bridget Jones' Diary being placed in the glovebox
0x
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy

A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers » 22 Jan 2012, 00:42

Chris570 wrote:
CitroJim wrote:It's no good Dean, I've got to do it :) You and Chris between you have spoilt me now for a standard Activa... :twisted: :lol:

Girl

I'll sort you out with what you require :)

Remember you can always turn the boost down should you require it. Be aware though that turning the boost down too far will result in flowery decals being affixed to the car as well as a copy of Bridget Jones' Diary being placed in the glovebox

Not to mention a "powered by fairy dust" sticker appearing on the tailgate ;)
I'd be impressed if a book could fit in a Mk1 glovebox!
0x

DIY sphere tool

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 22 Jan 2012, 13:27

You could rip the recirc bits of a pug tct engine or get from the stealer Jim as they have them fitted as std iirc :-)

Go for a bleed valve instead of a release valve as it will suit 'your' style of driving and find a cheSp used apexi avcr as you'll love fiddling with it for a week or two :-)
0x
1996 Activa with Leather(S2!) AC & Sunroof PALLAS'd
XM 2.5td VSX Estate green 220k running Veg&stuff

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers » 22 Jan 2012, 15:10

Don't you still have the recirc I got off a 406?
0x

DIY sphere tool

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 22 Jan 2012, 16:43

Xac wrote:Don't you still have the recirc I got off a 406?

Yes I have :-D :-D :-D Must fit it....
0x
Jim

Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer » 28 Jan 2012, 22:28

CitroJim wrote:And no weepy rear ram this winter. How odd...

Same here! :-D Don't think it's been cold enough for long enough. Every previous winter since I got mine (three years now!) has been sub-zero from November to February. I'll happily take it warmer...

James
0x
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 28 Jan 2012, 22:50

Sl4yer wrote:

Nope, nor here, my Activa is LHM tight ... All down to you of course :-D
0x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 29 Jan 2012, 11:07

Citroenmad wrote:
Sl4yer wrote:

Nope, nor here, my Activa is LHM tight ... All down to you of course :-D

Pleased it's lasting well Chris :-D

Took the V6 down to Somerset yesterday. I say it again, it's an absolutely lovely car for a fast run and all the better for being used only occasionally. I really enjoy it then.

Had a bit of fun on the way home. Where the A303 eastbound joins the A34 northbound the slip road is on a fairly steep hill, going up. I know this junction well and always slip the V6 into sport mode just before the slip. yesterday as I turned on to the slip I floored it :twisted:

In the A34 outside lane there was a Range (Land?) Rover Sport thing really barreling along. I went for it, he went for it and was comprehensively burned off up the hill by a Xantia V6 8-) :P I let him pass me as my speedo crept just above the ton..

The V6 can be such fun :P :-D
0x
Jim