Citrojim's Skoda, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 14 Aug 2011, 11:40

Thanks Will, Hopefully this is a big bout of work to see a job done and then all will return to normal. As soon as it does I'm going to take some time off and spanner the XM; that'll be the best sort of battery recharge for me by far!!!

I currently have six weeks leave to use before the end of the calendar year so I reckon with that lot I'll see a good lump of the XM done before Christmas; weather permitting.

Had a great day yesterday. I went down to see dad in New V6 and on the way back, diverted via Dursley in Gloucestershire to pick up the rally signs from Tony Weston's garage. Sadly it was only a brief stop but from what I saw it is a veritable Aladdin's Cave of all things old Citroen. It looks as if they're currently restoring a couple of DSs there :D

On the way there I passed through Bath. What a gorgeous place; first time I've ever been there... I was staggered.

I travelled the country route off the beaten track across the Cotswolds to Buckingham and home via Tetbury, Cirencester, Burford and Chipping Norton. Gosh it's a lovely part of the country and great Activa territory :D

Today I'm playing forum and PM catch-up amongst a bit of household maintenance...

Wednesday is the big XM collection day.. Hope it all goes to plan [-o<

Will, Get the kettle on around lunchtime. I hope by then I'll be swinging into your drive with an XM on the back.... Looking forward to seeing you again :D
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v » 14 Aug 2011, 14:48

Fingers crossed for Wednesday Jim , hope everything goes to plan

Mark
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 14 Aug 2011, 15:26

Thnaks Mark :D
0x
Jim

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening » 14 Aug 2011, 16:08

Glad to hear that you managed to pick up the signs Jim - that was very handy indeed! :D Thanks again for that... :D :D

Indeed, the Weston's place is great - did you go in the compound? There all sort of great Citroen's in there...Rosalie, CXs, Visa GTi, Ds etc. Was there blue U23 Pickup outside? That's a lovely thing, that. 8-) Their blue S1 Activa would've been just around the corner there too...

Hopefully all goes well on Wednesday for you - what truck will you get? Let's hope VOSA / Police aren't on the lookout... [-o<
0x
Franklin

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 14 Aug 2011, 19:17

Citroening wrote:Hopefully all goes well on Wednesday for you - what truck will you get? Let's hope VOSA / Police aren't on the lookout... [-o<

One that's plenty big enough Franklin, I checked that out very carefully...
0x
Jim

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening » 14 Aug 2011, 19:40

Very glad to hear that Jim - can be a huge pain if not...
0x
Franklin

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 28 Aug 2011, 17:43

It's been a while and nothing but work and aggro these past couple of weeks :evil:

Very little has been achieved on the XM due mostly to me being knackerd of an evenings and that extending into the weekends as well. The stormy weather isn't helping either. Sadly, it may be a long while before I can get any time on the XM and in the meantime there is much else to do, not least my running cars. The XM needs a lot of work and given the prevailing circumstances I may just have to abandon it. I'm currently thinking it over.

My Lexia has died and I've just wasted virtually a whole day trying to repair it. Without any success. The BIOS Battery died and now the time is just a random number and the Lexia software won't boot due to invalid date and time. It's a catch 22, the date and time can only be reset if the software boots and because the time is wildly out it can't boot. I've been trying to boot it into MS-DOS but with no luck...

So the Lexia looks like it may be headed for the bin. Lucky I have my ELIT but that won't do all the Lexia will by a long chalk....

Looking forward to next weekend and praying it'll be good weather... It must be about due... Must get the Activa out and make it look pretty...
0x
Jim

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 » 28 Aug 2011, 18:23

Jim,

Can you perform a hardware reset the clock chip to start at 0, as that may be something that the bios and bootloader might cope with?

Mike

PS don't put work before your health (mental or otherwise).

PPS you can borrow (indefinitely) my Lexia 3 clone +PC.
0x

robert_e_smart
My Cars:

Post by robert_e_smart » 28 Aug 2011, 20:20

The XM needs a lot of work and given the prevailing circumstances I may just have to abandon it

The Xm will allow you to let off steam and escape from the daily grind.
0x
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
1991 BX 16 TGS Auto
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1994 Xantia 2.0 16V VSX
2008 C5 2.7 Exclusive

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 28 Aug 2011, 20:34

robert_e_smart wrote:The Xm will allow you to let off steam and escape from the daily grind.

I've been letting off steam on the XM until dark tonight Robert..

Gosh, it's good for that... :D I do feel better now...

But gosh, it's a bit of a game... More in my XM blogs later...

Mike, agreed, no way is it going to do my health and thanks for the offer but if I can't coax the Lexia back to life I'll most likely buy one in due course but I'd most like to have a good gander round a Lexia 3 to see if it does all I need of it......

Not beaten yet but sick of the sight of the bloody thing right now. I HATE computers and I reckon the person who designed the Lexia also designed the XM....

Read into that what you will....

:twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:
0x
Jim

davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave » 28 Aug 2011, 20:38

Thats a shame about the lexia Jim, there must be a way to do it, it seems crazy that a duff bios battery could scupper it!.
Could you try booting up a different hard drive with a standard OS on it?

I hope you do get the time to put into the Xm, but if not im sure someone would be more than happy to take it on (with yourself as gearbox consultant of course!)
I know how you feel though, the cx is currently taking up a lot of my time and is very slow progress indeed. Itll all be worth it in the end though

Looking forward to the weekend too, it had better be good weather after the washout national :?
Perhaps a holiday for you is in order! Without regular holidays i would go nuts, although at the moment nightshifts are taking care of that!
Dave
0x
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 28 Aug 2011, 20:44

Thanks Dave :D

A holiday is just what I want right now but due to work demands it's not very practical right now...

A holiday of spannering the XM is what I need!!! I had it all planned like that too until work threw a spanner in my spannering plans :evil:

But you're right, I do need one very badly and I'm likely to force the issue soon...

Tried booting the Lexia with an MS-DOS disk but it won't have it. It will only boot from it's own kind :?

Thinking on I reckon the Real Time Clock chip has thrown in the towel...

Whwen I can bear to I'll have another look...
0x
Jim

red_dwarfers
donor 2017
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers » 28 Aug 2011, 21:29

Like you say, you've got the ELIT to tide you over. Stick the Lexia in the loft so you don't even have to look at it, one less problem. Worry about fixing it in a year or two, you'll come up with a solution during a shower one day :lol:
0x
Kev

'98 S1 Xantia 1.9 TurboD Desire 2
'97 S2 XM 2.1 TurboD Manual VSX
'81 GSA 1.3 Club
'93 Peugeot 605 2.1 TurboD Manual SRDT

Citroen Car Club G Section committee member

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG » 29 Aug 2011, 08:42

I'll be dropping off my own Lexia to Jim later today so hopefully with that there a repair can be made to his own one [-o<
0x
14 BMW 535D Tourer
11 BMW F25 X3 3.0D Sport
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH

lexi
donor 2017
My Cars:

Post by lexi » 29 Aug 2011, 09:11

The XM needs a lot of work and given the prevailing circumstances I may just have to abandon it. I'm currently thinking it over.

Remember Jim ; an artist never finishes his work anyway..........he merely abandons it :lol:

You should do what Kevin Spacey did in American Woman..............give it all up :lol: :lol:
0x
Citroen C5 HDI 110 Mk 1 hatchback

French Mistresses gone.
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2