Citrojim's Skoda, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit » 16 Aug 2010, 23:17

Got to be Dommo's blue s2 Activa now he's happily Athena'd up?

Or is it Will's HG stricken green Activa - after all Jim, you're the home for
needy Xantiae are you not?

This rate it could be my comatose 60k miler V6 s2 Xant as I haven't had
a peep out of the Cit Indy for weeks and weeks now; no news is BAD news... :(

thinking he's probably doing me a favour, it's been weighed in for bottle tops?
Nothing would surprise me any more.

Andrew
0x

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 16 Aug 2010, 23:26

Is Dommos Activa in need of fixing up?

Jim is a S1 man though, so it must be a S1 Xantia of some description ...
0x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

red_dwarfers
donor 2017
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers » 16 Aug 2010, 23:30

I reckon its another V6 :?
0x
Kev

'98 S1 Xantia 1.9 TurboD Desire 2
'97 S2 XM 2.1 TurboD Manual VSX
'81 GSA 1.3 Club
'93 Peugeot 605 2.1 TurboD Manual SRDT

Citroen Car Club G Section committee member

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit » 16 Aug 2010, 23:41

Dommo's just needs to go somewhere new shortly - remember, only
234 RHD s2 Activae made it in the first place!! No, I guess it won't be a s2.
Well whatever Jim's got his mind set on it won't have an AL4 box fitted
either! :lol:

With s1's in the frame, betting money would be a VSX with possibly a nice
sensible TD engine - how about a spiritual successor for the white 2.1 estate Jim?
That didn't have hydractive but a replacement may have that box ticked!!

How about a really early sinker VSX in mint condition with silly low <15k miles
and the envy of every Xantfan here?

Fun speculating a purchase with someone else's money!? ;)

Or has a über rare RHD v6 24v engined Activa estate been offered
- who could resist...

Andrew
0x

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 17 Aug 2010, 07:44

A S2 Activa is a rare breed then, Dommos is a good colour too.

red_dwarfers wrote:I reckon its another V6 :?

I think you might be right there Kev, i bet its an automatic whatever it is?
0x
Chris
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE

Family Citroens:
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 17 Aug 2010, 08:46

I think Jim will be resting a little bit for now, as he said his knee gives him some jip so manuals are out for a little bit and work has been quite hard on him lately and needs to rest more. i can't see him staying away for long though and possible scenarios i envisage are...

1. getting a v6 activa completed
2. making an activa 2.1td estate to replace his loved white one
3. buying up cheap activas that need little work or ram work on and getting them back to mechanical health 1 at a time....

I cant see it happening for a while tbh as Jim's been blitzing his house and i can only imagine that has tired him out a bit as well as we know how festidious he can be when he sets his mind to it :)

PS i am hoping one day to get my HG sorted but i get home most nights and after running around with the kids i feel shattered and plonk in front of the telly :( though the riding at the minute does seem to be helping me stay trim :)
0x
1996 Activa with Leather(S2!) AC & Sunroof PALLAS'd
XM 2.5td VSX Estate green 220k running Veg&stuff

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 17 Aug 2010, 16:37

Very intuitive Will :D

The knee is unfortunately dictating it will be an automatic and due to other demands on my time it won't be a biggie of a project...

The knee is not good and it's a funny one. Walking is no bother and standing is no bother. If I sit for any time it makes its presence very heavily felt when I get up and try to walk and the angle and pressure needed to operate even a light clutch is painful and difficult. More than once I've commenced a journey in the Activa and had to abandon it in favour of the automatic simply as I don't feel 100% comfortable or in total control of a manual car :evil:

Strange, to see me walking (once the knee has loosened up) you'd never suspect a problem. See me get up from an office chair after having sat for an hour or so and it looks like I'm going to fall over. I look a right cripple...

Any doctors out there with a diagnosis? I'll be off to see mine in the not too distant...

I'm not selling the red Activa as I do hope the knee issue is temporary and not a chronic condition related to old age. And anyway, I can still manage short runs in it.

It's also limiting on the amount of spannering I can realistically do at the moment so some rest is assured.

I can still write though!

KP wrote:though the riding at the minute does seem to be helping me stay trim

You see, there's a positive side to everything Will, as they say, it's an ill wind that blows no good...

Hope the time and energy to get the HG sorted is soon with you.. You'll be getting Activa withdrawal symptoms soon...
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

jgra1
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Honda VFR800 Fix
Honda Goldwing 1500/6 old and gold

Post by jgra1 » 17 Aug 2010, 16:42

my hip is a bit similar Jim.. i can run and play sport but a tough climb, cycle and it's bad.. feels like a trapped nerve to my non-medical mind.. also, if I sit awkwardly I cant use it much afterwards

to be fair, the trip down under has done wonders for it :D suggest an FCF field trip, incorporating the Ashes for those that need to rest their limbs :lol:
0x

pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 » 17 Aug 2010, 19:53

I've got to admit that I'm waiting with baited breath to see what the next project is.
Come on Jim put everyone out of their missery. :lol:
0x
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm » 17 Aug 2010, 20:08

personaly i think its all going to be saved for the citronian, best i join the ccc then really :lol:

D
0x
XM Prestige 92, surgery has begun, RIP faithfull 2.0i
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit » 17 Aug 2010, 20:25

Don't see why we have to be Citroen Car Club members to learn more
- maybe some of us have their reasons and choose specifically NOT to be.

I never imagined it would be anything other than Jim's Xantia tales.
Brackets and an Xm or Cx or Sm doesn't have the same ring really.

Sorry to hear about your knee Jim.

Rather than a joint is it circulatory? I get pins and needles when I stay in
a crouched position when I'm working on the cars etc which effectively feels
like a dead leg and is very uncomfortable when I try and stand up and or walk
- I certainly feel the sensation of very cold feet too which doesn't bode well
for when I'm old and grey - not there yet, at least for another while...

Andrew
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 17 Aug 2010, 20:47

jgra1 wrote:to be fair, the trip down under has done wonders for it :D suggest an FCF field trip, incorporating the Ashes for those that need to rest their limbs :lol:

Now, that is one very good idea John :D Only if I can go back to Darwin and bring Robyn with me to show here where she was born!!!

pug_owner2002 wrote:I've got to admit that I'm waiting with baited breath to see what the next project is.

I can't go into any further details at the moment except to say what I hope to do a deal on is indeed a Xantia, it's an automatic and is not actually a project. I shall of course come clean once the deal is finalised :wink:

I have no time or the necessary resources to take on a major project at the moment.

Dean and Andrew, no, I shall reveal all here first and Andrew, sorry, I was very naughty there. Nothing will appear in the Xantia Files that has not appeared here first. It's just in the magazine I can expand on certain things that are perhaps rather briefly covered in these pages. This blog is like a book as it is :lol:

I must admit to feeling a bit devilish last evening, not quite so this evening. It would be most unfair of me to keep stuff just for the CCC and not write about it here. Sorry.

I really don't know on the knee front Andrew. Doesn't feel like circulation but I did do something I should not have done. I read a Wikipedia article on knees and all the fates that can befall them :lol: :twisted: As the saying goes, one should never read a medical book. You get all paranoid, a bit like reading about strut tops and looking at yours and worrying if they're about to tent the bonnet.

Xac called round a while back with a nice 20L drum of 10W/40 oil for me from Costco. Thanks Xac! That'll see four changes and at £35 represents jolly fine value...
0x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 17 Aug 2010, 20:50

andmcit wrote:I never imagined it would be anything other than Jim's Xantia tales.
Brackets and an Xm or Cx or Sm doesn't have the same ring really.

Absolutely Andrew :D Xantia all the way for me but of course that does not stop me appreciating and enjoying all the other vehicles that sport the double chevron

:D
0x
Jim

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 17 Aug 2010, 22:15

Im thinking an extremely tidy V6, S1 of course, to match your minty Activa. Though your blue one looks very good to me. 8-)
0x
Chris
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE

Family Citroens:
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 17 Aug 2010, 22:24

You're getting very warm Chris :wink: sadly, not an S1 though...

Citroenmad wrote:Though your blue one looks very good to me. 8-)

Ahh yes, it may look but in truth it has a stratospheric mileage under it's belt (nearly 172K) and under a thin veneer of gloss it is really quite dog-eared in places.

Whilst the engine is healthy, 172K on an ES9 is pretty unknown territory really and how much longer will it go on for without major work? I do have a spare engine but it's a heck of a job to fit it and that engine has continence issues.

Then there's the gearbox. It was my first foray into them, it's rebuilt from all second-hand bits and was my learning curve. It's not quite 100% right due to me not knowing my spares donor 'box was from a 2.2HDi rather than a V6 and it has a few incompatible parts inside it...

She also has bad scratches on every window, goodness knows how they all got there...

I say all that but my S1 V6 is a very special car to me and despite all, it's a keeper simply because never have I invested quite so much blood, sweat and tears into a project and come out of the other end smiling :wink: I really do love my old V6 even if she is a bit ragged around the edges... Bit like me really...
0x
Jim