Citrojim's Skoda, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening » 28 Jul 2010, 19:29

Great first Citroenian 'Xantia Files' Column Jim :yeah: , didn't know that Richard was standing down, :?

I wonder who the member on the CCC forum was that said "the camera reported a subject to ratty error"? :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
0x
Franklin

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 28 Jul 2010, 20:02

Thanks Franklin :D

And a lovely picture of CGOO on the front of the magazine as well, very atmospheric!
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

vince
My Cars:

Post by vince » 28 Jul 2010, 20:16

Damn ive still not re joined yet...Im missing out :cry:
0x
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...

Citroening

Post by Citroening » 28 Jul 2010, 21:00

CitroJim wrote:And a lovely picture of CGOO on the front of the magazine as well, very atmospheric!

Cheers! :supercool:
0x
Franklin

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG » 28 Jul 2010, 21:08

Citroening wrote:Great first Citroenian 'Xantia Files' Column Jim :yeah: , didn't know that Richard was standing down, :?

I did write a "handover" column thanking various members for their assistance with the column but for some reason it wasn't published, likewise with a "letter to the editor" I submitted with regard to issues raised in the Iconoclast column :?
0x
14 BMW 535D Tourer
11 BMW F25 X3 3.0D Sport
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH

davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave » 28 Jul 2010, 21:22

Looks like everyone beat me to it with the compliments on the first column!
It was a good read Jim, and I look forward to more. 8-)
I have just renewed my membership, well worth it.
Dave
0x
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s

Xantia Colin
My Cars:

Post by Xantia Colin » 29 Jul 2010, 21:46

I only got mine today :(

Best column in there though, can't wait for next month! :D
0x
1996 Xantia 1.9td Estate
1994 Xantia 2.0 16v VSX Sinker
1993 Xantia 1.8 Sinker
1993 Xantia 1.9td Sinker
1996 Xantia Activa

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 16 Aug 2010, 10:59

It was a very good read Jim :D Looking forward to future editions!

Have you got your eye on something to fill your vacant parking space yet Jim? Perhaps a nice Xm ... 8-) Or a V6 C5 ... plenty of those needing repairs.

Speaking of the CCC, has anyone seen Nigel Wild and his Church of Citroens in the current Practical Classics mag? A two page feature with pictures and a short Q/A. Its filled with lots of interesting, wonderful and different things. Id love to go back and have another look around.
0x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

Citroening

Post by Citroening » 16 Aug 2010, 17:09

An XM??!! :shock:
More like a CX ! :D

I scanned the article in and posted it on the CCC forum, but here's the link again:
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/614/nigelschurch.jpg
0x
Franklin

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 16 Aug 2010, 21:33

Gosh :roll: It's been a time since I updated this blog! Truth is I'm pretty busy these days and even busier now I've taken on the Xantia Files. It's amazing how busy email enquiries keep me. Just this evening I've had three ranging from deep Activa questions and a 4HP20 gearbox problem in Bangkok! I was also given a sneak preview of the new MK4 Iranian Xantia! It looks a bit errrmmm...

Still, it's all good column fodder. Just working on the next column is quite a job. It's not a quick job on a wet Sunday afternoon but rather a month-long job to gather material and decide upon a theme. Also, some material I might have used here is now reserved for the column. Now there's a good reason to join the CCC!!!

And then there's then CCC forum. Members only but a jolly good place to be with and with the same sort of atmosphere as on here. Another good reason to join the CCC!!!

Last week I upgraded to Office 2010 and I'm pleased to say it's a good upgrade. It's less resource-hungry than 2007 and Outlook is vastly improved. best of all I got the professional plus version for the princely sum of £8.95 quite legitimately via the Microsoft Home User Program; a scheme that allows employees of big Microsoft customers to buy office at a heavy discount!

My cars have not seen a lot of work recently due to other activities. My house has continued to receive lots of TLC and the girls and I last week got well stuck into decorating, a lot of it being done by the girls. They were as keen as mustard and did a wonderful job. A lady friend is now busy sorting out new curtains for my lounge. It's been a real team job. She said she was taking them away to machine them. I had visions of her feeding my curtains through a milling machine or a lathe but her meaning of machining is a sewing machine...

I even bought a new desk chair so that I'm more comfy at my little desk. It's a great chair. £23 from IKEA...

If I really want to be comfy, I can now do all this stuff from the comfort of an armchair as I treated myself to a baby Sony Vaio NetBook. It runs Windows 7 and is absolutely terrific.. I have all my Citroen stuff on it and battery life will allow it to come to rallies with me for on-the -spot information retrieval.

In between all the household work, Xac and I swapped his leaky diesel pump and in doing so we learned useful stuff about how pumps fare on a diet of SVO. Very well as it turns out, bar the leaks!

I did also get around (at last) to sorting out the fast regulator tick on my V6 as more fully discussed in this thread. You noticed it at the National Chris!

Now I need to hydraflush and swap the LHM.

On the Activa front, I am soon to get a new rad fitted as the old one is just beginning to weep a little. Nothing serious yet but a stitch in time... Also, the Activa needs new front discs and pads before the MOT. Plenty to keep me busy.

Project Activa is now sold and will shortly be collected. The private plate it wore is now resident on my red Activa after a very quick and smooth transfer process courtesy of the DVLA. project Activa really does drive a treat and a little final attention by her new owner will see her a rather nice car again.

Which brings me onto...

Citroenmad wrote:Have you got your eye on something to fill your vacant parking space yet Jim? Perhaps a nice Xm ... 8-) Or a V6 C5 ... plenty of those needing repairs.

Yes I have Chris :D Nothing is definite just yet so no details but I can tell you it will be another Xantia. I'm a Xantia person at heart and all my resources are thrown into them. I know them, write about them and live them. Just now I'm not quite ready to branch out into a different Citroen just yet.

When I have more time and that double (or quadruple) garage then I will. I'd love an XM and/or a CX but circumstances don't allow me to do it properly just yet.

What i really want is an SM project. It's an aspiration that I fear will forever remain just that but never say never...
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 » 16 Aug 2010, 22:23

CitroJim wrote:What i really want is an SM project. It's an aspiration that I fear will forever remain just that but never say never...

like this? :lol:
0x

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 16 Aug 2010, 22:41

No no, an Xm copes with rust better than a CX, you'll have to go the Xm route Jim. Its very similar to Xantias in some ways too.

Glad to hear you have another Xantia project lined up Jim, its no doubt an interesting model :)

Well an SM, now that would be nice, and that link is certainly aproject, just to get it here would be a task. Shame its of the ugly USA front variety.

I know what you mean about sticking with one type, i tend to be quite lucky with cars in that ive not had to overcome a large mechanical problem, but im sure it would be a huge learning curve if i did.

Xm numbers are dwindling and the poor ones will be dying out first, so a project might be hard to come by before too long.
0x
Chris
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE

Family Citroens:
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm » 16 Aug 2010, 22:42

or slightly less of a project look at the side view of it though :lol: and i love the gearlever gate too, just awesome cars.

D
0x
XM Prestige 92, surgery has begun, RIP faithfull 2.0i
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 16 Aug 2010, 22:52

Stunning shape, i love that colour too. Could do with an interior retrim!
0x
Chris
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE

Family Citroens:
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm » 16 Aug 2010, 22:57

Could do with an interior retrim!

The interior is a little worn i'll give you that chris yes :lol: , sounds driveable though and runs well so at least you get to have a play with it befopre the stripdown begins.

D
0x
XM Prestige 92, surgery has begun, RIP faithfull 2.0i
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............