Banned by IP?

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Banned by IP?

Post by oscar »

Hi not sure if there was a problem day before but clicked onto bookmark for here and wasn't logged in even and said permanently banned by IP address!
Hadn't logged in for while so thought odd as not done/said anything only think i could think of is if email was spamming but would have got told about that before or already by others and do check reg and careful where i go to.
do know that Outlook etc are causing problems with there daft security/personal info grabbing things.

Am looking for a decent email service if anyone knows like a European address looked at few but take you back to a usa server which trying to avoid as looking to move away from hotmail/outlook/yahoo/google as finding things on my pc in Resources Monitor
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Banned by IP?

Post by CitroJim »

oscar wrote:Hi not sure if there was a problem day before but clicked onto bookmark for here and wasn't logged in even and said permanently banned by IP address!
Sorry Oscar. I did something slightly silly caused by a slip of the mouse.. I was banning persistent spammers and accidentally banned everyone!

No doubt it would have cured all instances of spam registrations on this forum!

I shall leave for others to suggest an email.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

I wondered what happened. I was a bit upset to start with when I was permanently banned!
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Don't ever worry if you find yourselves suddenly banned. It'll be a technical problem or a PICNIC* problem.

If we ever feel the need to ban anyone we'll always PM or email you first to tell you why and offer an chance to mend your ways. Never will we unilaterally ban without saying why.

* PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer... Much the same as the ID10T fault code that comes up occasionally (EDIT: frequently) and applies to this particular forum admin :roll:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...