Forum running slow?

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Forum running slow?

Post by DickieG »

Is it me or is the forum running slow today?

Other websites are running OK for me.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Forum runing slow?

Post by myglaren »

Yes it is but intermittently.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Forum running slow?

Post by Xaccers »

Checked the worker processes which is what normally is the cause, and for once actually FCF isn't the largest so it's not that (I tweaked it's settings last week as I noticed the site freezing and an increase in double posts which is normally a sign that the process isn't recycling soon enough).
I have however been downloading a rather large file for work, and while at the moment it is running at approx 1.5Mbps, chances are during the day that crept up and swamped the bandwidth.
The server's not been rebooted for a while too, so I'll schedule that for tonight just to be sure.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

You need a LAMP server Xac... None of those silly worker processes, no need to recycle anything and no need to reboot :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Nah, when something goes wrong with them you've actually got to work out the problem, with Windaz you just need to reboot ;)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Nah, configure once (which I confess can be a mind expanding sort of operation) put it into service and you can happily forget it for ever. I've heard of Unix servers running for 20 years without a reboot... I personally know of some that have not been rebooted in three years and they're ticking along very happily...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

I know of a Windows server that was running for a year without problems before someone noticed and thought it'd be a good idea to reboot it just in case.

DIY sphere tool
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Xac wrote:I know of a Windows server that was running for a year without problems before someone noticed and thought it'd be a good idea to reboot it just in case.
:twisted:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:
Xac wrote:I know of a Windows server that was running for a year without problems before someone noticed and thought it'd be a good idea to reboot it just in case.
:twisted:
My one at home once ran for 18 months without a reboot until a powerfail put paid to that :( I also know of a lot of servers (Windows) that have been running so long their owners are terrified to reboot them in case they don't come back up :lol: :lol:

Me, I have a policy of reboot and be dammed. If it breaks I'll have to fix it...
Jim

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Running some maintenance on the database so the site may appear slow, or that it is not letting you post, chances are your have posted so just use the links back to the forum you were in to check.

DIY sphere tool