PM system

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

Mr Micawber
My Cars: Citroën C3 auto

PM system

Post by Mr Micawber »

I've just joined and have composed some PMs today. When I clicked on 'submit' the system said that the PM had been sent successfully. However it did not appear in my 'sent messages' folder. Instead it remained in my 'outbox'. It must have been sent because I've received replies. So am I right in deducing that messages remain in the 'outbox' until they're read by the recipient at which point they disappear? If so, what is the purpose of the 'sent messages' folder, and isn't this a rather bizarre system? I am very confused! :?
Please can someone explain? I'm sure it's my fault. I often have trouble understanding computers! :)

Simon.
Citroën C3, 1.4 SX Auto
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Re: PM system

Post by Deanxm »

When you send a PM it goes into the outbox, when it has been read it then moves into the sent box, seems to be working fine for me............

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Mr Micawber

Post by Mr Micawber »

Thanks Dean, that's exactly what seems to be happening. It's just a different system to the other car forums to which I belong, so I wasn't sure.

Your 'return of the Rover' project sounds interesting. I have two!

Simon.
Citroën C3, 1.4 SX Auto
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

It is different to a lot of other forums yes.

Its really not interesting, its a pain in my behind :lol: see my blog in the blogs section.
I am partial to a bit of Rover though, nice little cars, ive had a few 200/25's and an 827 fastback, really fancy a SD1 too but im about to be super broke.

What do you have then?

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Mr Micawber

Post by Mr Micawber »

An SD1 and a 'modern' 75.

Simon.
Citroën C3, 1.4 SX Auto