Xantia W reg HDi a/c on all the time.

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bigraymaster

Xantia W reg HDi a/c on all the time.

Post by bigraymaster »

Hi great forum.
My problem is with my W reg 2.0HDi 110 Xantia Estate that i have owned since since Christmas, after getting poor fuel economy i discovered that the aircon is always on even though the a/c switch's light will turn on and off. I tried diconnecting the compressor but the twin cooling fans still run so not an ideal situation. Had my local Citroen dealer look at it who has supplied me a electrical diagram below. He said it is a set up he has not seen before with no Bitron box, the compressor is wired direct to a regulator ecu(8080 on the diagram) that had no faults logged after a diagnostic. Having never changed one he was unsure as to it's location although having removed the glovebox and stereo he thinks it was housed next to the blower/heater matrix housing but could see no way of getting it out without a lengthy strip down. Has anyone met this type before,is there any way of testing this ecu or getting to it easily. The cost of a new one is £246 gbp and if a dash strip down is needed the second hand option would also be awkward. Just an additional note the A/c was recharged just before i purchased the car could over filling cause this.
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Welcome to our troubles, Ray. :twisted:

It may not be that complicated.
The Xantia Mk II turns the air conditioning on when the airflow slider is set to demist the windscreen.
If you move it to some other position, the aircon has to turn off, providing that the aircon switch is set to ‘off’.

Thanks for the map; :D not sure that we’ve got that one yet.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
bigraymaster

Post by bigraymaster »

:oops: Clogzz your genious, the air flap has been set to windscreen. Sometimes you always expect the worse and miss the obvious. Can,t wait to tell my Citroen dealer. I can,t thank you enough.
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

ImageImageImage
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389