c5 air con

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

monkfish
My Cars:

c5 air con

Post by monkfish »

hi i have a 2.2 hdi serise 1 c5 with climate control wich is most unusual in that the drivers side will blow out what ever temp you set it for but the passangers side only blows hot air all the time no matter what temp you put it at this also happens when the air cons on anyone have any ideas :D
c5 2.2 hdi sx
xantia 1.8 sx
bx 1.9 gti 8v
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

As are a lot of things, this is fairly common on C5s. I think its something to do with the cogs that operate the flaps inside the dash. They were out and need to be replaced. Im sure there is a kit available to fix this, however im not 100% sure as ive not needed it myself (amasing, no doubt that will be the next fault!) and i also think its reasonably easy to fit too.

If you try pressing the fan direction button and wait for it to change the direction, from windscreen to face etc, a few times then this sometimes brings the passenger side back to normal for a short while.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
monkfish
My Cars:

Post by monkfish »

thanks for that tried it but no go i did find out something else though what ever temp you have srt when you first start the car is what you get say 16 degs if you then increse the temp it goes up but wont come down any ideas :wink:
c5 2.2 hdi sx
xantia 1.8 sx
bx 1.9 gti 8v