aircon not working

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cyber-shot
My Cars:

aircon not working

Post by cyber-shot » 27 Apr 2008, 19:32

HI all hope someone can help, my air con was working last week no probs then today switched it on,no cold air the light comes on on the switch inside the car.
the compressor is not engaging and the rad fan is not coming on either.i ran the temp up and the fan cuts in as normal
xsara HDI MK2 2001
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, Sally the white Saxo, Jodie the white Ka (AKA the Dagenham Dustbin), Pixie the Sliver Pixo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 27 Apr 2008, 20:47

It's been a good weekend to find A/C problems. First decent bit of warm weather this year :lol:

My first thought would be that there is not sufficient gas in the system to operate the HP/LP switches on the receiver/drier (the bottle with the sightglass on it) Check the connections to it. In case of insufficient gas, the A/C compressor clutch will not pull in to guard against damage.

This thread gives some useful information on how to diagnose the problem.
0x
Jim

Founder and only member of the Ford Ka Preservation Society...

cyber-shot
My Cars:

aircon not working

Post by cyber-shot » 27 Apr 2008, 21:46

HI i was looking for the receiver/drier (the bottle with the sightglass on it) today couldnt find it, my guess is it might be behind the front bumper.

? would this also stop the rad fan running at slow speed
thanks for the reply
0x

Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz » 28 Apr 2008, 17:24

Can only speak for the Xantia, the receiver-dryer and pressure sensor switch are behind the top of the radiator.
Same for the fans, they will start when the air conditioning is turned on, even if the gas is low, or the pressure sensor switch disconnected.
The interior fan must be set to some speed setting before the aircon will start.

0x
2003 C5 2.0i AL4 183,000 km 76372389

cyber-shot
My Cars:

aircon not working

Post by cyber-shot » 01 May 2008, 18:02

Hi got the aircon serviced yesterday the system was empty, he said he tested it and couldnt find any leeks so he filled it and it works ok, got the car home switched on aircon :( not working again ,so guess it has a leek somewhere getting it tested again on saterday.
he told me dryer bottle is behind dash inside the car
0x