Xantia Aircon Compressor Operation

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

AndersDK wrote:The dash sensor is located just next to the little fan.
Its been discussed before. Use the forum searh feature and I'm sure details will show up.
Hi Anders,

Not the cabin temperature sensor behind the fan by the clock, I know where that is - I mean the one on the evaporator...(or were you replying to the other poster :lol: )

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

No - I thought you meant the dash sensor.
Where would be the most logic place fitting the other sensor - I bet you'll find it around there.
Never had an aircon in my hands, so cant advice.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

In the red on the map is the ‘evaporator temperature sensor’, but don’t know from where to look at it. :?
There’s an old post from fastandfurryous about that on the 405, so hope he’ll be back.

Image Image
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
dch-control
My Cars:

Problem resolved

Post by dch-control »

Thanks to everyone for their comments and interest in this post.

I'm pleased to report that the original problem has now been sorted. Having damaged the compressor clutch coil I obtained a second-hand compressor for UKP50 (including carriage) from www.breakeryard.com/ My friendly local garage emptied and re-gassed the system for me and provided me with a photocopy of the electrical circuit diagram, which helped us to trace the fault to an intermittent compressor cut-out relay.

This relay has a violet case and is located in the engine fuse box adjacent to the ABS control module. By a strange coincidence the car developed an ABS fault just after fitting the new compressor, but this turned out to be a rear wheel speed sensor failure.

The electrical schematic may be useful to others (it covers Xantia models 1.6, 1.8, 2.0 and 1.9TD) so I have forwarded it to Clogzz for him to add to his photobucket collection.

David.