Xantia 2.1 diesel aircon

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

goldfinche
My Cars:

Xantia 2.1 diesel aircon

Post by goldfinche »

Hello Just a small question about air con. its a 1997 2,1 diesel. Could anyone tell me where the low pressure port is please, H****s is typically useless. I had a quick look but it was getting too dark to see very much.
There are two pipes by the compressor with connecters so I am assuming it's one of these.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 Turbo diesel automatic.BX.
1993 ZX td. slowly dieing.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

The low pressure one is the one that sucks in from the rest of the system. i think it was the lower and easier access of the 2 to get at. its easier to ask an AC place near you to gas it up for £50 really :)
goldfinche
My Cars:

Air con.

Post by goldfinche »

Hello It's crowded down there and there are two hoses coming from the compressor and disapearing to ---------??? I didnt want to have to dismantle half the car to trace which went where. The two hoses run parallell to the radiator, one behind the other. They both have a valve in them. I have all the necessary stuff to fill the system etc, but the compressor does not tally with the info I have so I was just checking.
Anyone?? before I start to dismantle the car.
Thanks.
Cheers.
Geoff.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I think that you'll find that under the caps one port is much larger than the other making it rather difficult to connect incorrectly.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
slim123

Post by slim123 »

They should have plastic screw on caps on them, most cars have different colours, red = high and blue = low. Sometimes if the caps are the same colour, then the caps sometimes have an H moulded onto the high and L on the low.

Some companys just dont bother or the caps are missing, in this case the only way is to look at the size of the ports, the high pressure is slightly larger than the low.

These ports are designed in such a way that you cannot fit the wrong hoses on, hence the different sizes.

If you are using a DIY can to charge the system and I can confirm that they do work well, these will only fit on the low pressure side, so in otherwards, you cannot get it wrong.

Regards
Slim.
goldfinche
My Cars:

Air con.

Post by goldfinche »

Thank you so much for the replies, they are most helpfull. Both plastic caps are black with no markings.
I thought that they would be different sizes but was checking.
Cheers.
Geoff.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Look on the end plate of the compressor.

The LP port should have "S" near it (suction) whilst the HP port should have "D" near it for discharge.
On a Sanden compressor if the ports are attached to the end plate (they come in several configurations) the centre one is the suction side and the one above it the discharge.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!