Refitting Air Con

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

OwenP
My Cars:

Refitting Air Con

Post by OwenP »

Hi All, at some point in its past my P reg 405 estate (1.9td) has had its aircon system removed. I am looking at getting it put back on.

The pump appears to be still in place as do at leat some of the pipes and electronics, however I know that the compresser is missing, assuming I am IDing things right.
What is the best way of going about refitting the Aircon and what is a good price for the work?

Cheers
bernie
My Cars:

Re: Refitting Air Con

Post by bernie »

OwenP wrote:Hi All, at some point in its past my P reg 405 estate (1.9td) has had its aircon system removed. I am looking at getting it put back on.

The pump appears to be still in place as do at leat some of the pipes and electronics, however I know that the compresser is missing, assuming I am IDing things right.
What is the best way of going about refitting the Aircon and what is a good price for the work?

Cheers
The pump is the compressor.
You may be referring to the condensor which is located in front of the radiator and is the same size.
3 Fiat 124 Sport 1969x2, 1968
2 Fiat 124 Spider 1976, 1971
1 Fiat 20VT Coupe Plus
BUT maybe moving to France
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

to have someone re-fit aircon to your car will probably cost more than you could buy another 405TD with working aircon.

First thing you need to do is work out what's missing. There should be:

Compressor
Pipework assembly that goes from the compressor in front of the sump
Condensor (hidden between the fans and the radiator)
Reciever/drier (cannister just under the rad top hose)
Pipework assembly running under the battery, and over the bulkhead
Evaporator & TX valve (inside the car. I seriously doubt this has been removed)

There's also some electronics needed, such as the Bitron box. This is behind the left-hand headlamp.

The other thing to establish is wheather the A/C system has been left open to the elements. If it has, then there's a good chance it's never going to work properly again.
This is not a signature.