32c outside yesterday

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bernie
My Cars:

32c outside yesterday

Post by bernie »

I tell you A/C is a must.[8D]
Got caught in a motoway jam in the BX, a/c on full blast.[:p]
No sweat[:D][:D][:D]
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

Kewl!! [8D]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Yes Bernie. Have spent the last week at Chateau Sheppard. The heat in the stone walls of the towns made the evenings most enjoyable but the trip across France would have been unbearably hot had it not been for the Aircon. A year in from installation, the system has proved itself to be both reliable and efficient. One of my younger colleagues told me point blank that there was no way that a s**theap of a BX could ever be fitted with air conditioning but I offered him a lift to the shops anyway. He seemed to be very cold when we returned for some reason...
JohnW
My Cars:

Post by JohnW »

tomsheppard wrote:Yes Bernie. Have spent the last week at Chateau Sheppard. The heat in the stone walls of the towns made the evenings most enjoyable but the trip across France would have been unbearably hot had it not been for the Aircon. A year in from installation, the system has proved itself to be both reliable and efficient. One of my younger colleagues told me point blank that there was no way that a s**theap of a BX could ever be fitted with air conditioning but I offered him a lift to the shops anyway. He seemed to be very cold when we returned for some reason...
BX=brilliant AC - we can't convert all heathens!!! However, our CX AC has decided to stop cooling just before summer. It's been off to hospital while I was away OS and I'll find out next week what was wrong. As we get 42 not 32 this matters!! Trust you are both chirpy, Tom!

JohnW
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Well we've already had 40+ days over this way with the added bonus of humidity so high you can drink the air.
I picked up another BX yesterday, a wagon with air that's just had about $1400 spent on the air/con (scarey) :shock: :shock: and we were getting 36 - 40 degreed on the places we had to travel through and on the way home we noticed it was as cold as charity on our faces but hot as hades from the waist down.Nobody had noticed that the temperature control switch had gone all sloppy and the heater valve was jammed at half on.
Quite a weird sensation that; air coming out of the top half of a vent at about 4 degrees and from the bottom at around 50 all at the same time. :roll: :twisted: but I mean, if you've only spent $1400 on it what do you expect? (Call themselves bloody tradesmen!!) :evil:
Freed the valve this morning where it was around 30 at 8am and ahhh, freezing cold all over again. :lol:

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!