Modding AXGT

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Looney
My Cars:

Modding AXGT

Post by Looney »

I have not had much to do with Aircons in cars, but was wondering where would be the best place to get a european aircon unit for the AX? They aren't very common in the UK, and would love to show up the Others in the AXOwnersClub.com when I turn up to a show with me windows up and staying nice and cool inside! [8D][:D]
I'm not a complete dunce when it comes to modding/retro fitting, as I've just rebuilt the engine and increased the capicity to 1600cc, and will be working on the suspension and running gear once I've had her resprayed! But if anyone has any handy tips, they would be most welcome! But I'm still trying to source a supplier of the units![:D]
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I don't know if they're interchangeable or not ( asearch of a spare parts book might answer that one) but I would suspect that if you couldn't find an AX that had been fitted with air/con that there would be a chance that a Peugeot 205 may be interchangeable.
The reason I suggest checking parts numbers is that even with the BXs, a system from a TZi won't fit a 16V due to the different condensor, and they wanted A$1200 just for the condensor new out here.
Years ago, a company called "Mark IV" used to make a retrofit universal system that was very efficient, but ugly as sin as it fitted under the dash on the passengers side.
If they still make some universal system, I would imagine it would be more asthetically acceptable these days. Could be worthy of a bit of time on Google to investigate.
Alan S
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Looney, do you know how the AX GT compares to the renault 5 turbo on a track ?, my brother is thinking of buying a track day car that both of us can use, and he would want me to do all the maintenance and keep it at my house but i cant decide which one to go for, i am edging towards the gt turbo because it is faster and easier to upgrade the engine