C4 2007 AC

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Doo

C4 2007 AC

Post by Doo » 11 Sep 2019, 14:03

I probably know the answer, but I'll ask anyway....

2007 1.6hdi SX.

Topped up AC and it barely lasted a day. That was 3yrs ago.

Being a black car, it heats up something rotten in the Scottish summer...but that half day each July is a lesson in driving naked and trying to avoid wasps while windows are open :rofl2:

My question is, I didn't see any obvious signs of a leak either at the condenser nor anywhere else for that matter.

So is there a common point in these cars that a pipe rots or a union comes loose or could it simply be the compressor isn't happy (although there is no noises suggesting it's gubbed).

Changing the condenser is a piece of cake, but I don't want to do that to learn there is a hole in a pipe hidden under some bit of plastic at the business end of the engine #-o

I just changed the condenser on the Range Rover and the whole job took 40 minutes. It took longer to re-gas it :roll:

Thanks all :)

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C4 2007 AC

Post by GiveMeABreak » 11 Sep 2019, 15:07

Leaks are notoriously hard to localise - even with a dye. It took 4 trips to my dealer before they found the leak (top of the condenser). But shortly after, it crapped out again and needed a new compressor - probably after all the filling and leaking / filling leaking - so probably was short on oil and damaged the compressor.