Just bought a ZX to break Who needs what ?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

oilyspanner
My Cars:

Just bought a ZX to break Who needs what ?

Post by oilyspanner »

[:D] Have bought one for a spare motor, needs to be gone rapidly, everything available but strike quickly because I dont have much time, 3 door ZX everything but the engine available.
Sttewart[8D]
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

Does it have reasonably quick electric windows? I'd be interested in the electric window motors, and maybe the central locking motors for the doors.
How much do you want for these (if it has them?)
Cheers,
James
Philjw
My Cars:

Post by Philjw »

Stewart,
Usual questions on for sale items: What colour is it and where are you in the UK?
I could do with a NSF wing and headlight assembly. I'd love it to be white.
I'm in Essex
Phil
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Will run it up to try the electric windows etc, unfortunately Phil its a red three door one and its in Wales, I take delivery after easter.
Stewart
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

Is the zx a front mount or top mount intercooler? I really need a front mount IC and possibly an inlet mani that fits the 1.9xud engine that feeds from a front mount.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

ZX is top mounted.
Stewart
mikeg
My Cars:

Post by mikeg »

Hi Stewart. Would like the boot lock, if available. Just the mechanical bits not central locking gubbins, please.
Regards, Mike
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Hi Stewart
I could do with the cap off the brake fluid reservoir and a few spare relays - also boot lock pushbutton & barrel assembly - what would you want for these? Contact me at:
mphelan [at] wsoxley [dot] co [dot] uk
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

No problem guys, keep posting requirements here and I will print the list and remove it all when the car arrives.
Stewart
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Hi Stewart, Could you manage the cancelling mechanism for the indicators for my missus's ZX?
Yup, I broke it putting the steering wheel back.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Am stripping the parts tomorrow, the locking and window mechanisms work fine, the car is four door. also available low mileage autobox from ZX Diesel, 56k miles perfect removed for conversion to manual to include all parts removed for converting.
Stewart
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Stewart, sorry to be a bore but where are you? Some *?"@#% graunched my wife's rear passenger door in a car park. If it's not too many hundreds of miles away I'll pick up. I'm just N of Boston.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Frenchleave I am in Wrexham, you need a nearside door, there are a few in the local breakers yard too, what colour? I have red and will examine it tomorrow and tell you about its condition.
Stewart
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by oilyspanner</i>

Am stripping the parts tomorrow, the locking and window mechanisms work fine, the car is four door.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Would I be correct in thinking that the window mechanism (and possibly the door locks) are different from the 3-door (or 2 door and boot) models? I have a 3-door...
Cheers,
James
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Stewart. The autobox.. I don't need one at the moment but if no one else needs it.. And provided it will fit the model ZX I have, I will buy it "just in case" lol.. :-D What sort of money we talking?
I can collect.. Be nice to see you anyway, and its only about an hours drive for me. :-D