Life on the edge - the Diary of a C5

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Re: Life on the edge - the Diary of a C5

Post by myglaren »

Ice cold Vodka works well too.
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Auntie Glaren!

Papa prefers cold beer to,vodka.

I,have had a lucky escape. I took my People and Hounds to,Kinver last week. OK, it should have been Highgate Common but Papa got lost! They had a nice Walk along the canal and then we went home. As we travelled, I spat off my radiator's bottom hose. Papa's face became concerned as my temperature gauges climbed.

It was only after Papa had ordered the new coolant and some epoxy resin that I realised that my powerful engine has a bad reputation for,blown head gaskets. What had I done? When Papa had bled my new coolant he let out a deeeeeeeep sigh of relief. No bubbles in my header tank. I wonder if Uncle Alf put some special sealer on my new head gasket 6 years ago?

Papa had given me a Good Talking To and told me What A Silly Girl I have been.

And promised me a trip out tomorrow.

The wire clip on my Quick Release Bottom Hose Connector? Who knows where that is? Papa says that Mr Muscle oven cleaner turns Araldite into a jelly with no,adhesive properties.

Some pics of the Hounds for your enjoyment!
Attachments
IMG_1529.JPG
IMG_1528.JPG
IMG_1536.JPG
IMG_1535.JPG
C5 HDi 110 SX (Fifi 7 or Otterchops)

RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

IMG_1535.JPG
Hello, Friends!

Who HAS Tommy eaten? Tommy is my Sable Hound but he had Papa up several times in the night. Sadly Tommy could not hold on until Papa opened the door so Papa found several pools of smelly liquid poo on the floor. So smelly he opened the loo window.

There were times when I thought the pong would strip my elegant paint!
IMG_1535.JPG
Pic of the One Hound Hole In The Ozone Layer!

It must have been bad, Papa has no sense of smell!

Love

Otterchops.

PS. Here comes Papa now. Or is it a zombie????

RIP
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Oh gawd!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Friends!!!

Well, the Smelly Lurgi affected ALL my People and Hounds so it's been err...... fragrant. All cleared up now.

Papa did a Very Good Thing on Wednesday. He'd gone to collect a new petrol strimmer he'd bought and decided on his way back to,have some chips in Bilston. While there he spied a pretty young lady and thought no more of it. Until,he heard Mr Horrorbags behind her say"you're gagging for it." Papa HATES bullies so did the classic Double Take, named her Kate and introduced himself as the mad Yorkshireman who,worked with her dad at Frank Guest Motor Engineers! The young lady quickly realised what Papa was doing and played along. Horrorbags buggered off. Papa got a peck on the cheek and a hug as thanks. Happy papa!!!!

However, he has also dropped a brick. The Daft Old Sod cross threaded my left rear caliper so,a new one is on order. He will, he promises, invest in a thread repair kit and buy a left hand one then he has spares.

Still, could be worse. There's many a Good Citroen been scrapped for the sake of 1 brake, much less 4.....

Too hot for my Hounds. They are Not Happy. Anyone got a Haynes Manual for Planet Earth?

The new strimmer seems friendly. Made by McCulloch he introduced himself as Jock. Fresh fuel and he burst into life. He's got a Loud Voice.....

Love to all

Otterchops.

RIP
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024

Post by Rp0thejester »

Nice to see Otterchops is back!
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Magic and well done on the 'Kate' affair :)

As Ryan says, good to see you back Otterchops :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello Friends!

Papa,has been using a LOT of naughty words!

I,have had an occasional fault where, when Papa,turns my key to start my powerful engine he only hears a "click." Papa has said many Naughty Words to which Maman covers the Hounds' ears! They are too young for that. Now, being a Citroen i can match him swear for swear! However, he has been Trying Things. He cleaned up the connection to my starter motor. No difference. Then he squirted contact cleaner into my ignition switch. Worked for 5 minutes. Today, after walking the Hounds, he removed my steering column trims and had a poke around. The joins he had put in the wires were fine. Not so the crimped bullet connectors.....

Still, he cleaned them and all is well. Or is it? He he he he......

In,other news I had one of my side repeater flashers bust so Daddy ordered some swanky new LED ones. They have smoked bubbles so,look really cool. I,did,ask,him to photo them but his phone was out of battery.....

Tomorrow?

Anyway, time,for my bed.

Love to,all

Otterchops

RIP
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Magic :D Great to hear from you Otterchops!
Jim

Rp0thejester
Donor 2024

Post by Rp0thejester »

Thank goodness your back, makes me feel my babies issues are nothing compared to yours
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Good afternoon, Friends!

Otterchops chatting.

Well, Papa REALLY screwed that up! Our home Internets have been On The Fritz (a technical term) so Papa with a clarity of thought alien to him, decided to use his Phone. Then his Phone threw a snit and refused to speak to either computer or iPad and sat there singing yah, yah, yah, I can't hear you! Then Papa got Angry and applied his digital 4lb hammer. iPhone then announced she needed Real Internet to set up, not her own. So Papa is scoffing a croissant and glugging coffee while I sit Outside. I hear muffled swears. iPhone is not playing nicely! Silly girl. Oh, the swears have stopped. Sensible girl.

I have been Good Girl, taking my People and Hounds all over. Local Walks because the Hounds Do Not Like Cold! Neither do the Humans. Mummy's hands always break out in blisters over Winter. Very painful but Papa bought her some Nice Gloves. Kind Papa. We have also spent a lot of time in Local Pubs. Our Hounds are popular there, being so Well Behaved. Meanwhile, I Raise Caine in the car Park! Works well for me.

I have needed a sip of oil but otherwise I am running well.

How do I get some money out of the tight old fool, eh?

Love

Otterchops

Xx

RIP
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Friends!

We have a new Citroen in our road. A Berlingo van. We have chatted, she seems nice.

This morning, Berlingo did not want to start and had a flat battery. Her daddy had a jump pack but she was Not Happy. Papa threatened her with BIG hammer. She has seen that in action so burst into life! Clever girl. She showed her displeasure by making a big cloud of smoke that soon cleared.

Papa,has been removing moss from my Important Little Places before treating me to a Bath. It is nice to be clean but for how long?

Ooooo, looky!!! A big muddy puddle.

Harassed Papa: deeeeeeeeeeeeeep siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh........

Love

Otterchops

RIP
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Xantianut wrote: 21 Feb 2024, 18:57 Ooooo, looky!!! A big muddy puddle.

I too love big muddy puddles Otter :D I'll soon be off to find some on my morning run :)
Jim

Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Hello, Friends!!!

My Papa has a question. Yes, he I shall an Old Fool but he does try to,look after me.

Papa? Papa?!?!?!

Zzzzzzz.... eh? wot?

Oh, am I on? Great!!

I'm thinking of doing a BSI reset to see if I can cure some of the gremlins. Although why the RAF can't keep them under control I know not.

Thing is, am I opening a can of worms here? Such as recoding the engine management and so on? Or will be a cinch?

I know nowt about the computer side of things....

See what I mean? :help2:

He's hopeless!!!

Love

Otterchops

Xxx

RIP
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I have done the BSI reset numerous times without problems other than having to reset the clock and radio stations.
The usual problems of having to reset the windows and re-synch the key never manifested.

Consider though that your gremlins may be due to a less that perfect battery. If it is getting on a bit it may be tired and about to apply for retirement, in which case the gremlins will be back.
Another facet of this is many short journeys in the dark, using lights, heated seats, screen and mirror heaters etc that can drag the voltage down and the alternator never really shoves sufficient electrons back into the battery to compensate.
If you have a garage and can leave the driver's window open overnight and also the bonnet unlatched then removing the battery and charging it for 24 hours/48 hours will give it a better chance when it is reconnected.

[OT] I found this today in an unrelated ramble:
Ottercops Moss
[/OT]