Maintenance due in XX weeks - get rid of it

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Marve
My Cars: DS 7 Crossback BlueHDi 180 Automatic Grand Chic
Color: Brown Andradita
Interior design: Rivoli
Extras:
Advanced Safety Pack, DS connected pilot, Pack Easy Access, Metal Pedals, Automatic backside opening, Sensorial drive, Driving modes (sport, eco, confort, normal)

Maintenance due in XX weeks - get rid of it

Post by Marve »

Hello,

Anyone knows how to get this warning in the display away that says every time I start the car ¨maintenance due in XX weeks¨?

Another related question: Am I obliged to do the maintenance with the dealer? They said it was necessary to keep the 2 year warranty... But as I only drove 9.000 KM in my first year, I don´t really feel like changing filters and stuff they will probably do...

TIA,
Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Maintenance due in XX weeks - get rid of it

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That warning will come on until it goes past the maintenance due most likely. Normally the service indicator is reset once it has been serviced. Details should be in the handbook on how to reset it.

This is a Citroen one, but probably the same for DS. What is important is that the servicing must conform to (in this case to Citroen’s) servicing requirements and you must have evidence that a service done elsewhere has been done to the same standards, otherwise they may not honour the warranty. So you should be able to have it done elsewhere as long as you keep all the evidence of all the work done and it is of comparable quality, and all the same checks that DS do are done.

To benefit from the new warranty.....
Present your vehicle’s up-to-date Maintenance Record booklet, including the Warranty Certificate in particular duly completed by the Dealership which sold the vehicle.

Have the vehicle maintained and serviced in strict conformity with CITROËN’s instructions and is able to provide proof of this (Maintenance Records, invoices, etc).
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

In order to keep your warranties alive, you need to have the servicing done by a dealer or other approved repairer (are there any?).

If you talk to the service department at the dealer, they may agree to do a reduced service on a low mileage car, mine had several years (with the previous owner) when it did very little mileage, but had an annual service, the dealer has noted in the service book that filters etc were sometimes not changed due to the low mileage since the previous service.

Subsequently, soon after I acquired the car, it required some engine repairs that would be covered under an extended warranty. The previous (reduced) annual servicing was accepted by Peugeot, but I had to pay for a major service to bring everything up to date before they would perform the repairs.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

European law doesn't permit car manufacturers to insist on dealer servicing, warranties cannot be voided if you service elsewhere provided the servicing is done with 'approved' parts.

Like all EU law it's complicated and difficult and with many 'get outs'

https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/new-car ... servicing/
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Marve
My Cars: DS 7 Crossback BlueHDi 180 Automatic Grand Chic
Color: Brown Andradita
Interior design: Rivoli
Extras:
Advanced Safety Pack, DS connected pilot, Pack Easy Access, Metal Pedals, Automatic backside opening, Sensorial drive, Driving modes (sport, eco, confort, normal)

Post by Marve »

Hello all,
Thanks for the answers on the maintenance. I will check with the dealer if they can do a ¨light¨ maintenance.
It looks like there is a potential downside in doing the maintenance outside the official dealer, so it is probably not worth the risk.

Have a nice day,
Neilied
My Cars: 2013 Citroen DS5 DStyle Hdi

Post by Neilied »

Hi guys I have a 2013 model Ds5. Should I be looking at Citroen or Ds for my main dealer service.i ask this as they both list ds5 in fixed price and are side by side on the street but the ds dealer is more expensive.

Ta

Neil
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

For your 2013 year it was with Citroen - but it doesn't really matter they are the same group, use the same parts and systems. Just check the pricing though from both - DS may well add a 'premium' to their serving charges. If so, go to Citroen as the DS5 was marketed and sold by them until this year at least. I suspect your front grille also has the Citroen double chevrons logo on and not DS.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc