Any Wind owners out there?

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

9000se
My Cars: Citroen CX 25 DTR Turbo 2
Citroen Xantia Activa TCT S1.5
Renault Wind 1.2 TCE Dynamique S
Ford Granada Scorpio 2.0 (being sold...)
Volvo 240 SE 2.0
Volvo C70 SE 2.4

Any Wind owners out there?

Post by 9000se »

Whilst the Wind is quite "new" in comparison to other cars discussed here, but I seem to have only seen a small amount of posts about the car (via search function)...apart from the weak point re steering rack (problem shared with Mk 2 Twingo), I am surprised no one else has asked for any help...

Apart from the steering rack problem (fixed when I bought it), I have had no issue with the car including the roof (had a leak that fixed itself)...and I am thinking about some modification to make it sound slightly more sporty. I think it is a good base for a nice B road stormer - one reason why I chose it in oppose to ta SC430 (and because it was practically new and much lower mileage but these two are vastly different) at the time and discounted 207CC (and Tigra because of the slow roof).

I always thought it looks like a retro version of the A110 (all retro version of cars became FWD after all...500, Beetle, though not the Mini)...there seems to be very little love for the Wind here?
NewcastleFalcon

Re: Any Wind owners out there?

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

You don;t see many of them about, only ever spotted 1 in the wilds of Northumberland (well in the owners garage to be precise), nice blue.

Bit more bog standard than this but next time I am peering into its garage I'll have a closer look.

Renault Wind Gordini 01 [CC BY 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], by Xabi Rome-Hérault, from Wikimedia Commons

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Any Wind owners out there?

Post by myglaren »

I have only ever seen one, and then only once.