radio console crashing **FIX**

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

crapday69
(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer 1.6 eHDi VTR+NAV

radio console crashing **FIX**

Post by crapday69 »

Well it looks like I have fixed the constant problem of my radio and associated peripherals crashing on a cold morning. This would happen a good few times and if it lasted longer than about 10 minutes it deleted my settings meaning having to reset the time/date and the radio presets. The problem I was having was the stupid satnav SD card. Since I have ejected it, my radio has not crashed once and when I did put it back in on my way home from work, it crashed. I was thinking it was something to day with the bluetooth as it always seemed to co inside with my phone connecting, but alas after trying a new battery earlier on in the year it turns out it was a £2 SD card.

When I bought the car 3 years ago, the seller gave me a maps SD card that (I think) he got from eBay, my question is can I just copy the old card to a new SD card as it still works when the car gets going or would I be better waiting and getting the newest maps available.

Cheers

Gary.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: radio console crashing **FIX**

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Gary

Yes the SD cards have a finite life as the Nand memory cells exceed their wear / write limit. As the MyWay system has no Hard drive as such - it uses flash memory to store and undertake some calculations - but navigation data is stored and used on the SD card itself.

There are no new maps available for MyWay - the latest version being 2016-2. Depending on the firmware in your unit, maps cannot be copied onto a new SD card from a certain version as they are protected. But like most things there are solutions..
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
crapday69
(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer 1.6 eHDi VTR+NAV

Post by crapday69 »

I reformatted my SD card and tried to put the maps back on with no luck. Are they security protected and am I now F*#ked with my maps SD card.

Gary.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so first thing is I need to ascertain your firmware version and the version of your maps if possible, but the map data I’m not too worried about.

Then I might be able to help you out.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc