2 DIN aftermarket multimedia

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

ovidiucitroenc5
My Cars: Citroen C5 III

2 DIN aftermarket multimedia

Post by ovidiucitroenc5 »

Hello,

I recently bought a Citroen C5 III from 2010. It has the radio from the attached image. I think it's the lowest variant because I don't have even the AUX-IN option.

I'm interested to find out how to install a 2 DIN aftermarket stereo (like one from Kenwood that has Android Auto). Has anyone did this? Do you know of any tutorial online or of any forum post that discusses this? Searching online I couldn't find any clear and complete information regarding this.

Thank you,
Ovidiu
Attachments
cdplayer.PNG
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: 2 DIN aftermarket multimedia

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Most members here have replaced their systems with a unit from the PSA range as aftermarket systems do not work well and you will loose some functionality from the vehicle. - You will lose access to, brightness, contrast settings for the displays, temperature units, speed units etc. as the Head unit is used to do this, plus remote steering controls. This unit should have an MP3 compatible CD Player and bluetooth for phone only. You should be able to get a stack of MP3s onto an MP3 CD though.

Further upgrades to MyWay (RNEG) / eMyWay (RT6 / RNEG2) will require replacing the display screen to work and necessitate additional wiring. There are some projects on the forum if you have a search.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
ovidiucitroenc5
My Cars: Citroen C5 III

Post by ovidiucitroenc5 »

This is sad... I saw the project that you are referring, but I don't like the MyWay / eMyWay units! I don't think I can live anymore without A2DP Bluetooth and I prefer Google maps through Android Auto than any other navigation solution.

Is there any possibility to connect a Bluetooth receiver to my current Radio? One that can handle A2DP and phone connection? I don't have the RCA connectors in my glove compartment.

I don't even really care if I lose the ability to change the units or luminosity settings. I found some connectors that may help me retain the steering wheel controls and I was hoping that someone has tested them.
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

Yatour bluetooth receiver works as music streamer and handsfree. It is connected to cd-changer port and you can change tracks from steering wheel. It costs around 70€.