2011 C5 Tourer multifunction screen

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: 2011 C5 Tourer multifunction screen

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've had a good long look at many types, but they don't match the specs or come close - they are a level above that - take the HGST Endurastar - these are above the Travelstar drives used in a lot of their laptops. The other thing is that the speed needs to be 4200 RPM. The only ones that seem to be available are from dodgy companies in the USA where prices are typically $190 plus shipping of $60 - and there is no guarantee that it is genuine or new as the drives are discontinued. People with these and similar systems in Mercedes and BMW got wise and bought up spares, so good ones are rare to come buy. So I'm just going to get the imaging done for now and then I'll keep looking and experimenting with drives when I get the time. :roll:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Dublin_C5
My Cars: 2011 Citroen C5 tourer exclusive 2.0 hdi 160bhp

Post by Dublin_C5 »

Hi I just spoke with a local citroen dealers service dept. They started quoting silly money for replacement...dont do repairs only replacement of whole head unit!!!!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I had a feeling they would say that - it's a throwaway society and getting worse not better! Its probably only the HDD! That's why a lot of people are trying to undertake a backup just in case - as it is not easy to just get a new HDD with the OS on and coded to your vehicle. For a system that was nearly a £2k option.... silly.

Marc
Dublin_C5
My Cars: 2011 Citroen C5 tourer exclusive 2.0 hdi 160bhp

Post by Dublin_C5 »

Hi Marc,
just an update on the headunit.I took it to the dealer I got it from.They confirmed it wasnt operational.So they popped it off to Clarion and 1 week later I have it back fully operational at a cost of 570 Euros. I got no info on what the fault was just that it was repaired I have asked them to try get details and forward them to me...for my own need to know.
Anyways...back in action and once again thanks for all your help
regards
Alan
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's great news Alan. I knew that the Clarion service centre had a contract to repair the Magneti Marelli units, but wasn't sure about the NG4s. I knew it was about 500 Euros a while back in France for repairs - so seems about right. Hopefully they will have updated it to the latest firmware for you too. I'm in the process of writing up about the recent conversion I have done on my NG4 unit to replace the HDD with a Compact Flash Card and Adapter, so I can keep the HDD safely stored away. I also have an image of the working drive too, just as an extra backup. It's all completed now, so I'll post up the update when I've finished. Hopefully this might help others take some preventative action in case their drive is on the way out!

Thanks for updating us anyway.

Marc
devlinr
My Cars: Citroen C5 1.6 e-HDi Airdream VTR+ Tourer EGS6 Euro 5 (s/s) 5dr 2013

Post by devlinr »

Hi,
I have a Citroen C5 1.6 e-HDi Airdream VTR+ Tourer 5dr 2013 and the centre console Nav screen has started to play up, symptoms are it boots (I hear the drive spinning) and either
1. It works as expected
2. It boots to the Citroen logo screen and stays on it yet radio behind it still plays etc
3. It boots displays the logo screen then goes off and reboots in a cycle.
Sadly, it’s getting worse along points 1-3 and its more often 2 or 3 now over the course of just a few weeks. Initially I thought the screen but when it shows it renders fine, then I thought power or lack of it but a basic test with a voltmeter shows my battery gives 12v+ engine off and 14v+ engine on with no fluctuation I can see.
I work in IT and having read this post its got me thinking this is likely the issue, the drive isn’t picking up the firmware and or has some bad sectors on it and perhaps a reflash re partition would be worth a shot. Note my car does not appear to have any loaded or even the jukebox option to load and load my own .mp3’s or other on it, at least not that I have seen, it does have the USB slot which I can read mp3 from.
Trouble is since reading this post its been solidly in state 3 above, I cant get the setup option to reveal which version is currently is, either press and hold or other, its logo for 5-10 seconds then reboot disk spins and logo for 5-10 seconds.
Any thoughts? And would forum member “GiveMeABreak” be kind enough to give me a download of the firmware, I have my VIN… can I post it here?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The telematics for this year don't have hard drives except the NG4 Navidrive 3D. Best to pop your VIN up so I can see what you have and then I'll move this into the correct forum.

Marc
devlinr

Post by devlinr »

Hi Thankyou.

Got some life out of it this morning but the setup button does not reveal alot, it goes to Radio telephone diag or nav demo, I have a list of possible versions in the options screen but might need different instructions to get exactly what might be needed...

Is the VIN number this one under the window? VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes that's the one.

Ok so you have the RT6 or eMyWay system. That has flash memory and not a hard drive in the unit.

It sounds like the MicoSD card in the unit is starting to fail.

Have a read of this thread, everything you need is in there. I will send you a PM with the latest and last firnware shortly.

viewtopic.php?t=63227

Marc
devlinr

Post by devlinr »

Hi,

I have been away so only got around to the process today.
- MiraScript mission was a fail as the system was so far gone I wasnt getting any GUI to interact or get files, I just have a boot cycle over and over every minute
- I followed the battery disconnect > replaced the SD card with a new fresh out of wrapper 32GB SD card > connected the battery process > started engine and now just get a blank screen, plugged in the formatted USB with the firmware etc and waited 50 mins with the engine running. Nothing occured throughout, the screen remained blank, there was an occasional sound of the CD player spinning up but nothing else.

What am I missing? am very confident the firmaware, USB format the echo file removal of the windows files etc and the USB is one that flashes, it was flashing away throughout the 50 mins... Do you think the 32GB card is too big? any card of 2GB to 32GB are SDHC so given it originally had a 8GB card am fairly confident the SD reader in the unit will be able to see all 2GB to 32GB card?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I know 16 Gb microSD cards are generally ok, but can't advise re. anything larger in size than that.

If it is not recognising the USB Drive with the firmware, then I suggest you order a genuine CD from the dealer (part: 9691894880), which is £15 inc. VAT today. If the unit is trying to spin up or read from the CD then that may be the only option. This along with a 16 Gb card.

Marc
devlinr

Post by devlinr »

Positive update this time :)

I took the supplied .iso firmware and mounted it onto a CD-R using IMGBRN software so its not just the .iso but properly unpacked onto a CD, jumped in the car this morning and put the CD in, it spat it out after a few minutes put I pushed it back in, eventually I got a clear read out on the screen of the firmware taken hold and going through its %'s.... all in all took about 40 mins.

Result = Screen is back operational etc however it now BEEP's every second, initially I thought it was due to no time being set so set that and fiddled about, the BEEP once per second is related to any audio function being on, be that radio/media or other, if I turn the unit off the beep stops and I still have my screen, compass & temp read out etc so its a massive improvement from how it was. I have also lost the backend files off the SATNAV but it was terrible anyway so that am not bothered about.. If I can solve the BEEP and be able to use the audio functions id be very happy, but am pretty happy so far.

Final questions really..

Q. Do you think the BEEP is related to the security? is there something to do to sync it so its happy and not beeping?

Q. I have the old SD card, I might be able to do a recovery job on the files and claim back some of the customer data? if so how would I go about it, I cant expect that SD card is going to enjoy being inserted into windows.

Thanks for your help so far...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The firmware installation without being an actual upgrade, has resulted in what I talked about in the main guide, namely the system has defaulted with no configuration.

You may be able to grab the files from the old SD card. There should be a partition called 'user_data' oin the old SD card. If you can grab the contents from this partition from the old card and replace the contents on the new card under the same partition, you may yet prevail and restore the configuration specific to the vehicle. The beeping is probably because it is not recognising the VIN. With a bit of luck all this may be restored after the operation. Just make sure you clear off any annoying hidden or system windows files before you remove the new SD card after copying the files across as this can and will likely cause problems.

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The firmware installation without being an actual upgrade, has resulted in what I talked about in the main guide, namely the system has defaulted with no configuration.

You may be able to grab the files from the old SD card. There should be a partition called 'user_data' on the old SD card. If you can grab the contents from this partition from the old card and replace the contents on the new card under the same partition, you may yet prevail and restore the configuration specific to the vehicle. The beeping is probably because it is not recognising the VIN. With a bit of luck all this may be restored after the operation. Just make sure you clear off any annoying hidden or system windows files before you remove the new SD card after copying the files across as this can and will likely cause problems.

Marc