Partner 2009(dv6ted4) immobiliser instal..

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pluggit
My Cars: Partner 1.6hdi dv6ted4

Partner 2009(dv6ted4) immobiliser instal..

Post by Pluggit »

Hello to all from a new member,

Bought the above a couple of weeks ago for my new business venture. A wonderful service history from its only owner, a motor factors and no expense spared. With oil and filter changes every 6k from now on, it should serve me well for a few years.
So, that said, its worth protecting from being driven off. I was going to fit my own Cobra 8510 which I bought some years ago but not used. Its a simple install..usually, but I seem to have hit a wall. Other than the starter solenoid feed, I cant see another suitable circuit to break into. The schematics show a 10a fuel pump fuse on the engine fuse box but I havent a clue as to whether thats a true disabling fuse - its a mechanical diesel pump, engine turns, pump turns. Long and the short of it is.. can anyone give me a bit more specific detail as to how to fit this to this vehicle. On a previous vehicle I broke into cable from the ecu rather than ancillary circuits. Is that an option and if so, which ? If you think its a bit of a sensitive subject for open discussion then I do appreciate but to be quite honest, the scallies around here are far too thick to start poking around tracing wires so its not an issue.

Any help much appreciated.

chris
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Partner 2009(dv6ted4) immobiliser instal..

Post by RichardW »

Moved it into the Pug forum where it may get more exposure.

Welcome along!
Richard W
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Welcome.

Bear in mind that the pump is merely a high pressure delivery pump and the injection sequence is controlled via the electronic injectors. There is no conventional "stop solenoid" as such on the HDi units.

In summary unless a thief brings their own ECU and BSi along as well a coded key they are unlikely to be able to get very far.

This may or may not have an electric 'lift pump' fitted into the tank. Some smaller HDi's do not. This is quite similar to a petrol 'in tank' fuel injection pump. It merely lifts the fuel up to the main diesel 'high pressure' pump.

If you are going to fit this then I'd suggest possibly cutting the supply feed to the 'tachy' relay (the 'double relay') usually found around the bulkhead / battery area. This would cut ECU 'ignition on' power and the 'lift pump' supply too in most cases. Its a kind of legacy leftover I think to have one of these relays on a diesel engine however...
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Why don't you start the engine & remove the fuse to see if the engine stops ?
The factory fitted transponder immobiliser on this van is far superior to any aftermarket ones, aftermarket immobilisers are normally very easily bypassed depending on how well they are fitted. I remove more aftermarket immobilisers these day's than I fit.
It's your choice of course but there really is no need for one on this van.
PSA done away with the 'double' relay around 2001/2002 with the introduction of Com2000, the double relay is now integrated into the under bonnet fuse box (or BSM unit as its known).
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

wheeler wrote:PSA done away with the 'double' relay around 2001/2002 with the introduction of Com2000, the double relay is now integrated into the under bonnet fuse box (or BSM unit as its known).
That's something I'd not realised actually. I found one on my TUD5B 106 (the late one with the electronic advance pump that did not work too well) and a huge ECU on top of the battery , seemed highly curious to have a double relay on that (no tank lift pump) as it merely 'fed' the ECU power.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG