Instrument panel removal

Dedicated to owners of Citroen GS and GSA models.

Moderator: RichardW

Raul
My Cars:

Instrument panel removal

Post by Raul »

Hi

The headlight and direction light indicator lights are no more working so I need to remove the instrument cluster and change the bulbs. The car is Citroen gsa. Does the part which has a car image come off separately or should it be removed with satelites etc. I saw one sgrew at the top and I also found two screws at the bottom but it did not come off. I was afraid to use too much force either.
Citroen gsa 1299 , 1982
Citroen gs 1,2 pallas 1977
Citroen xantia 1,9 td estate 1996
Citroen Xantia 2.0 hdi 90 2000
sonoramicommando
My Cars: 1991 Citroen XM 2.0 carb manual

Re: Instrument panel removal

Post by sonoramicommando »

I don't see why you need to pull the instrument panel to change the bulbs for headlight & indicator tell-tale. They are in the left hand satellite, real easy to change - just pull out the tell-tale lights cover and replace them.
For whatever reason you need to pull the instrument panel, pull the speedo cable loose from under bonnet then undo those three screws and tilt the top back as much as you can. Then disconnect connectors and pull it out through steering wheel.
2006 C6 Exclusive 2.7HDi
1982 GSA Pallas
A couple of bikes
A boyracer car ;)
Raul
My Cars:

Post by Raul »

My mistake, I did not see them in the daylight so I thought they were in the instrument panel. They are actually working. I need to go to MOT so I have to make sure every bulb is working.
Citroen gsa 1299 , 1982
Citroen gs 1,2 pallas 1977
Citroen xantia 1,9 td estate 1996
Citroen Xantia 2.0 hdi 90 2000
sonoramicommando

I have to say the GSA dash design is a bit of a hit and miss. I love the LH satellite but not so much of the RH. The speedo and tacho are sitting too low and hard to read and the novelty of the rolling drum wears off after a few drives. The car silhouette/warning lights are terrible gimmick.
2006 C6 Exclusive 2.7HDi
1982 GSA Pallas
A couple of bikes
A boyracer car ;)
odedn
My Cars:

Post by odedn »

HI, 

citroen GSA. left side satellite.
The rear lights are not working. I noticed that the contacts are failed while turning the lower satellite cap.
I tried to figure how to take the cap out but with no success. 
Is it can be removed or wether I should replace the whole unit ?
odedn
My Cars:

Post by odedn »

Photo
Attachments
20180914_193123.jpg
sonoramicommando

You have to lever out the high/low beam switch. Use a plastic lever so you won't damage it. Then you will see sort of circular spring clip type thing holding the headlight switch barrel in place. be careful not to damage the clip else the fingers lose springiness and the barrel won't stay in its place when you reassemble it. Also, there are pins and springs between the hi/lo switch and the headlight barrel switch, so don't lose them. The windscreen wiper end has the similar setup.
The innards are a bit complicated, so good luck. I took one apart out of curiosity but haven't quite figured out which wires are for what.
2006 C6 Exclusive 2.7HDi
1982 GSA Pallas
A couple of bikes
A boyracer car ;)