Historic Commercials

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Historic Commercials

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

HCVS [Historic Commercial Vehicle Society] Season is starting.
http://www.hcvs.co.uk/pages/calendar.php

London - Brighton next weekend (6th May 2018)

Henley - Quainton Railway Centre will follow a few weeks later

I've attended both of these on numerous occasions and they're very good. Hope to get to the Trans Pennine one day, too far to do it as as 'Special Trip' for me, but looks like a good un. If anyone's got somewhere approx' on the Trans Pennine route to park up our 'Camper' for a night [405 Estate] do shout.

Also a PS, I chose not to pay to enter Quainton RC when I was there last year, any Railway buffs got pictures of it in an online album? I didn't feel myself to be suitably 'Railway Hardcore' to part with a fairly steep (to me) Admission fee and didn't go beyond the car park; but I am curious; perhaps I should've.
Puxa
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Historic Commercials

Post by CitroJim »

Keen to know the Quainton date Puxa... If I'm free that day it'll make a nice bike ride for me :)

I AM railway 'hardcore' so will visit the RC too ;)

I'm so hardcore that I stop on a bike ride to take photos of various bits of disused railway infrastructure to post into one of the groups I follow on Facebook!

Bagged a lovely viaduct yesterday :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you are ever down in East Sussex, near the Kent border, try to go to Tenterden. There is the "Kent and East Sussex Railway", running from Tenterden to Bodium Castle (where we met up before we adjourned to Citronuts' funeral). I, as a teenager, used to help out there (and, as I was then quite narrow, I could clean the clinker out of the firebox).
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 30 Apr 2018, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ahh yes, I remember now James and thinking what lovely cycling country it is...

Definitely worth a visit with bike in the back...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

Henley to Quainton aka the "Ridgeway Run" is Sun 17 June this year Jim :)
Puxa
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 21:54 Henley to Quainton aka the "Ridgeway Run" is Sun 17 June this year Jim :)

Excellent :) I appear to have no events booked for that day so should be good to go...
Jim