Bristol Classic Car Show; 16-17th June 2017; Bath&West Showground, Shepton Mallet, Somerset

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Bristol Classic Car Show; 16-17th June 2017; Bath&West Showground, Shepton Mallet, Somerset

Post by CitroJim »

Looks like a good show :) The Amstrad CPC brought back some memories... What was that doing there?
Stickyfinger wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 10:36 Were you chatting to me on the stand about the LNA's ?
Van, did you not introduce yourself to fellow FCF'ers?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: Bristol Classic Car Show; 16-17th June 2017; Bath&West Showground, Shepton Mallet, Somerset

Post by Stickyfinger »

I did not know....conversation was exclusively how weird LNA's (EDL version) are :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

We should all have FCF badges!
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

Stickyfinger wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 10:36 Were you chatting to me on the stand about the LNA's ?

Now that's a tough one, I don't recall LNA's being a specific subject of conversation BUT, having given it careful consideration, "How would I know?"
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I must not of been there when you were on the stand then.....
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Van arrived at the stand pretty much at the close of the show on Saturday so you would have missed him Sticky.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

OK....shame I missed him
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'99 Cadillac Seville STS

Post by van ordinaire »

Kind of you to say so, Sticky AND you missed the "afterparty" - now THAT is a shame!

Still it's early days, I still feel very much the new boy on this forum, depite having well & truly thrown myself in the deep end. Also, you folk seem to travel away rather more than many regional groups (of several clubs) I've encountered over the years, so I'd imagine there's a reasonable chance of us seeing each other in a field somewhere (as they say in 2CV circles).

LN/LNA's weird? No more than any other small French of a certain vintage (oh, & Zastavas!), although, I must confess, I've never really understood where they fitted into the scheme of things.

Jim, errrr, no I didn't! Have to say I'm not sure of the etiquette (is that a word I can use here?) when 2 forum members meet face-to-face by chance. Fact is, Kevin & I just got talking, on an otherwise deserted stand, after a while he did say "I've just realised who you are" & I confirmed the aliases by which he might know me, but, otherwise, it seemed a matter of no consequence.

Name badges? It's something I've considered but remain undecided, especially for forum members because isn't the whole reison d'etre of user names (& indeed an on-line forum, as opposed to an actual club) the anonymity it affords? Another thought is, the round stickers lend themselves to having a plain rectangle in which which the member could write their name/names.
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Van, an easy way to be recognised at meetings is to publish a few pictures of your good self on here ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'99 Cadillac Seville STS

Post by van ordinaire »

You mean like everybody else?

. . . & let's nor start on that whole photography/uploasing thing again - please.
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

van ordinaire wrote: 22 Jun 2017, 22:50 You mean like everybody else?

. . . & let's nor start on that whole photography/uploasing thing again - please.

:lol: I'm not shy.... Are you?
Jim

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Another one I've missed, we were on our way back from Scotland, There was quite a big one on at Tain, near where we were staying but that was also on the 18th as we were coming down the motorway at 32c after a fortnight of rain, wind and cold.

Peter
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'99 Cadillac Seville STS

Post by van ordinaire »

Jim, not shy, so much as secretive (it's a family trait!) so, not only don't I do photos - I avoid people with cameras.

Peter, you were unlucky to have such consistant weather in a place with a reputation for often demonstrating all 4 seasons in the course of a day.
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

van ordinaire wrote: 23 Jun 2017, 20:40 Jim, not shy, so much as secretive (it's a family trait!) so, not only don't I do photos - I avoid people with cameras.

I'll hide my camera when we meet up then Van ;)
Jim

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Must admit I've never really thought about etiquette but I suppose usually if I get chatting to someone and they appear to have a serious interest rather than a passing one I tend to ask if they've ever heard or are a member of the French Car/XM/BX/Visa Forum or Citroen Car Club. From then I ask their username and I tell them mine to see if we remember seeing posts from one another.

If I want someone to be able to identify me on a car club stand I'll generally wear a distinctive T-Shirt and tell them before hand what it will be (it all seems very secret agent stuff writing it like that). That weekend I wore my collection Citroen South West section T-Shirts (it was so hot there were frequent changes!) but forgot to mention it on the forum. Name badges are a good idea in certain situations with the right sort of people. Personally I feel a bit self conscious wearing them unless I'm at work so it probably wouldn't be very good for me!
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair