Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Picture(s) of the day....

Post by Peter.N. »

I used to sell radio's like that - new! :( :?

Peter
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Peter.N. wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 22:59 I used to sell radio's like that - new! :( :?

I used to fix them when they were still quite youthful Peter!

I'd like that particular one in my collection... It's an early VHF set - my speciality...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

POTD-Milton Keynes Robots!

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

On the news today...............

Robotdelivery.co.uk
BBC Breakfast screenshot
BBC Breakfast screenshot
Centred around here and the Co-op store at Monkston Park....not far for the Broughton Cycling Group armed with their cameras!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Stone ... 0.7122136
REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Have you ever been to the radio museum at Dulwich Jim? Fascinating place, I went there when Jerry Wells was alive and have a video I made, Its on VHS so not brilliant quality, I have been going to get it put on disc - for as many years as I can remember. I still have a pile of VHS video players in the workshop but I doubt that any are much good now.

Peter
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: POTD-Milton Keynes Robots!

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 09:21 On the news today...............

Robotdelivery.co.uk

temp5.png

Centred around here and the Co-op store at Monkston Park....not far for the Broughton Cycling Group armed with their cameras!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Stone ... 0.7122136
REgards Neil

We see them quite regularly now :) They've just become part of the scenery and seem to be very successful too!
Peter.N. wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 10:15 Have you ever been to the radio museum at Dulwich Jim?
No, but I'd love to.. Definitely one to visit if I'm ever down that way :D

If the VHS recorders and tapes have been stored in good, dry conditions they should respond well Peter... They have quite a following in the vintage TV world...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Still have a Panasonic dual VHS-DVD recorder here, which allows recording on either, or 'one-touch" copying either way. We copied almost a hundred VHS tapes to DVD with it, and were amazed just how much the picture quality improved in the process: no judder, edge curl or drop-out, and where it was hit-and-miss holding a good still picture on tape, the same material transferred to disc is rock solid. Useful to be able to write titles to disc, too, with the on-screen keyboard.
Chris
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Jim

Sadly my workshop has never been heated since I retired, 14 years ago! And the roof sprang a leak, I have repaired it but it doesn't feel exactly arid in there.

Chris

How did you copy onto DVD? How do you copy an analogue signal onto a computer. Probably basic stuff but I have never done it.

Peter
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

On a PC, you'd need a video input as well as the usual audio (mic/line) in. My guess is that there are video cards or adaptors that would provide that. Magix (in Germany) have all sorts of software and likely hardware for editing and processing AV. Have used their Audio Cleaning Lab PC software for years to transfer LP to CD, editing, cleaning up and retitling as you go. Clever stuff!

The Panasonic (a DMR-ES35V) just does it - converts analogue to digital, and then writes to disc, all on the fly. We had two of these; I gave one away to an old AV friend in Finedon a few years ago. We've kept the other one.
Chris
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

It was windy yesterday and after parkrun I had to go on a cycling mission around the course rescuing a number of these that had blown away...
Own Work
Own Work
Methinks they need some longer spikes...

Speaking of pictures, I'm now on Instagram and post lots of my pictures there too...

Feel free to follow me - I'm 'citrojim'. Requests will be granted so long as I know who you are...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 06:35
Speaking of pictures, I'm now on Instagram and post lots of my pictures there too...
Yes but remember Jim your 1000+ hard earned "likes" on the FCF are more valuable than 50 million "likes" on Instagram for a picture of an egg! :-D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instagram
"As of 14 January 2019, the most liked photo on Instagram is a picture of an egg, posted by the account @world_record_egg, created with a sole purpose of surpassing the previous record of 18 million likes on a Kylie Jenner post. The picture currently has over 50 million likes."
Here's my walk with the hound POTD offering today. I've awarded it to this silverbirch contrasting with the beautiful blue sky. ---trust it to load up sideways!
Birch.JPG
Regards Neil
Last edited by myglaren on 10 Feb 2019, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Birch made to be upstanding.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 10:27
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 08:47 No butter rationing yet at your cafe!

Gosh no!!! They are always very generous and I often bring home what's not used... I know at this time of the year it won't melt in my cycling jersey pocket...

This is my current collection :)

butter.jpg

Now Jim, this is how they serve butter in a little greaseproof paper wrapper at the "Cake Stories" cafe in West Jesmond. Reminds me of the butter which you used to be able to have carved off a huge slab otherwise known as "loose butter" in the 60's.
nf own work
nf own work
REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 10:49
CitroJim wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 06:35
Yes but remember Jim your 1000+ hard earned "likes" on the FCF are more valuable than 50 million "likes" on Instagram for a picture of an egg!

Don't worry Neil, The FCF will always come first for my pictures :D

Yesterday at the Bike Bus after 20 miles of pelting rain, wind and cold :twisted: I'm looking very rigid as I was freezing and had entirely lost all feeling in my hands right up to my wrists! I thought my hands had been amputated and I had great trouble eating my cake... One of my lady friends offered to spoon-feed me :lol:

I thought you'd all like to see inside the Bike Bus ;)
Own Work
Own Work
And the cake I had trouble eating!
Own Work
Own Work
Grant, who runs the Bike Bus saved the day for us and put our sodden gloves on top of his coffee machine to dry out! He's a top person and we all love him :D
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 23:50
CitroJim wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 10:27
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 08:47 No butter rationing yet at your cafe!

Gosh no!!! They are always very generous and I often bring home what's not used... I know at this time of the year it won't melt in my cycling jersey pocket...

This is my current collection :)

butter.jpg

Now Jim, this is how they serve butter in a little greaseproof paper wrapper at the "Cake Stories" cafe in West Jesmond. Reminds me of the butter which you used to be able to have carved off a huge slab otherwise known as "loose butter" in the 60's.

DSC00648.JPG

REgards Neil

That's exactly how they serve butter in the OSO Cafe in Cranfield Neil :D Very classy!
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 06:09
Don't worry Neil, The FCF will always come first for my pictures :D

I'm going to take you up to 1029 likes for that Jim, and on a tangent to celebrate I'll dig out a bonus picture of D1029.

Now do you know off the top of your head what D1029 is without revealing the spoiler which will hopefully contain a picture (if I can find one), and in a double bonus also a fascinating fact!
Spoiler: show
D1029 was originally named Western Legionaire [sic], but renamed Western Legionnaire in 1969, the nameplate being cut to allow the additional letter to be inserted.

Sorry to disappoint, not red, nor blue but black and white...but it does have the original misspelling on the nameplate!
screenshot
screenshot

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 08:04
Now do you know off the top of your head what D1029 is without revealing the spoiler which will hopefully contain a picture (if I can find one), and in a double bonus also a fascinating fact!

Regards Neil

Oh yes!

One of my very favourite classes of BR diesel locomotives :D The 'Westerns'

I used to watch them pass near my house when I was a kid and along with the 'Warships' and the 'Hymeks' they occupy a special place in my heart!

Thanks for digging out D1029 :D

It's a shame these three classes of diesel hydraulic locomotives had such a short working life of sometimes less than ten years :( All were gone by 1977 in the name of rationalisation...
Jim