Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Re: Picture(s) of the day....

Post by white exec »

...and a P6 gear shift lever, dubiously fitted! And a Kenlowe switch and indicator.
With a foot-operated parking brake, by the look of it.
Chris
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Fenwicks in Newcastle is a very oddball department store in Newcastle. Every Christmas they have a very elaborate display in the windows and are locally famous for it.
We used to take the kids every Christmas and there were always crowds there to see it.

This year, Greggs, with a shop across the road, have reversed their signage to reflect right way round in Fenwicks window.
Greggwicks.jpg
Bit of a rubbish photo but I'm not going all the way to Newcastle for a photo of that.

A better view in The Drum
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

white exec wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 11:27 ...and a P6 gear shift lever, dubiously fitted! And a Kenlowe switch and indicator.
With a foot-operated parking brake, by the look of it.

Having read through the rigmarole to develop it I think an apt name for it would be Heinz 57.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

white exec wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 09:52 Zamorano morning.JPG
Andalucian morning
View south from our terrace, 0800 this morning, and total cloud cover over the Med out to the horizon, as the sun was about to come up.
The hilltops poking through are inland, about ½km from the shore.

Following on from Chris' cloud inversion POTD heres another from Geograph's gallery of the day.

Now if Chris and Davie had taken a very slight detour from the North Coast 500 near Golspie and had a walk up Ben Bhraggie they might have viewed a scene like this.

Before the Descent

© Copyright Andrew Tryon and
licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Did we but know, though, that Jim had beaten us to the top!
Chris
NewcastleFalcon

Came across this logo today, Wouldn't have guessed which car company it was, but reputed to have been designed by the eponymous owner in the early days of the company. Yes Herbert Austin's Winged Wheel.

Who owns the brand and all its logo's now? SAIC so the winged wheel and the Austin Script and the Flying A may be back via China, although the MG revival is taking up their time at the moment.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ahh lovely! Back in the days of proper badges :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Who would believe it? Four years since this thread, constructed one of the finest Advent Calendars of participation seen on the FCF...............now confined to the never revisited history books.

Except of course when I dig it up again, like today. Worth a flick through. Starts off a bit chaotic, veers off-topic to planes, trains, ships and submarines, but gains some loose structure as it went along.
So December 22nd 2014 brought us this.

Can you link numbers 1-24 with interesting cars?

Starting off with A Chenard Walcker Aigle (Eagle) 22 (-----although this blue one as it turns out is an Aigle 8 but it does have 22 on the plate!)

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

My bike club's Christmas ride yesterday :D

54 of us, all dressed up in suitable festive gear, set off on a 20 mile tour of Milton Keynes and Newport Pagnell to distribute some Christmas cheer and more importantly, to present a giant cheque, both in size and value, to our local hospice ❤❤

A portion of the ride was on Redways but a sizeable bit was on the roads and despite such a large number of us being out in a group, albeit split into groups of ten separated by a couple of hundred yards, every motorist greeted us with happy waves and friendly toots! Makes a change!

We also brought lots of smiles to pedestrians -totally magical :D
BCG Facebook
BCG Facebook
BCG Facebook
BCG Facebook
BCG Facebook
BCG Facebook
We ended up at the famous BikeBus and held a big party :)
Own Work
Own Work
The weather was utterly gorgeous :)

Happy Christmas all :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 23 Dec 2018, 08:24 My bike club's Christmas ride yesterday :D

54 of us, all dressed up in suitable festive gear, set off on a 20 mile tour of Milton Keynes and Newport Pagnell to distribute some Christmas cheer and more importantly, to present a giant cheque, both in size and value, to our local hospice ❤❤.........

......Happy Christmas all :D
Jim I have awarded you your 984th like for that top quality picture(s) of the day post :-D .

Now being a number noticer, it would be great if 16 other FCF souls, could also participate in the frivilous, and some would say trivial, modern day "like culture" and bump you up to a well-deserved "mille" of likes.

Participation is the key, and you are one of the best :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

CitroJim wrote: 23 Dec 2018, 08:24 My bike club's Christmas ride yesterday :D

54 of us, all dressed up in suitable festive gear,

Happy Christmas all :D

Jim, were you in that photo ???? If so, I think we ought to have a 'Spot The Jim' competiton. :lol:
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

bobins wrote: 23 Dec 2018, 10:05 Jim, were you in that photo ???? If so, I think we ought to have a 'Spot The Jim' competiton. :lol:

:-D

I am but I'm hard to spot! It easier to spot me in the first picture ;)
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 23 Dec 2018, 09:39
Jim I have awarded you your 984th like for that top quality picture(s) of the day post :-D .

Now being a number noticer, it would be great if 16 other FCF souls, could also participate in the frivilous, and some would say trivial, modern day "like culture" and bump you up to a well-deserved "mille" of likes.

Participation is the key, and you are one of the best :-D
Neil, you are too kind but thank you :D This really is one of my favourite topics on the FCF and I love contributing to it as and when I can!

On the subject of number noticing, I'm now on a challenge to run 1,000 miles in 2018...

So far I'm on 971 miles after this morning's run of 6.7 miles. I shall post a picture of the Strava evidence when I pass the magic figure :) To do it I'll be running 10K every morning except tomorrow when I'll only be running 5K as I'm doing the special Christmas Day parkrun before taking out a special festive Christmas Day club bike ride :D

Currently I'm on 8,363 miles on the bike... That too will grow well before the end of the year...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Jim, after much consideration and deliberation, and weighing up the quality of your post, and the outstanding progress towards your own personal targets for running and cycling this year, i have decided to.....

Move you into the "nine hundred an nineties" with another well-earned "like". I think by midnight on 31st December you will have hit the 1000, but my likes aren't like confetti....you will have to continue to come up with some decent pictures/content of course :!: :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

CitroJim wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 05:27
bobins wrote: 23 Dec 2018, 10:05 Jim, were you in that photo ???? If so, I think we ought to have a 'Spot The Jim' competiton. :lol:

:-D

I am but I'm hard to spot! It easier to spot me in the first picture ;)

In that case, my money's on.........
spot the jim
spot the jim
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
NewcastleFalcon

The 1-24 advent calendar from 2014 mentioned a few posts ago, ended up with one of these. If you know your French Cars far too easy for a whatsthisthen? although I have habitually removed the badge!

Slap bang on topic for the FCF, and appropriate for today
temp1.jpg
Course, 2 twelves would be equally appropriate

ImageImage

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey